Here are the full Canon EOS RP specifications

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The full specifications for the Canon EOS RP have leaked ahead of tonight’s launch. You can download the PDF with the full specifications here, or read below.
This information leaked on our forum earlier today.

IMAGE SENSOR

Type
35.9 x 24 mm CMOS

Effective Pixels
Approx. 26.2 Megapixels

Total Pixels
Approx. 27.1 Megapixels

Aspect Ratio
3:2

Low-Pass Filter
Built-in/Fixed

Sensor Cleaning
EOS integrated cleaning system

Colour Filter Type
Primary Colour

IMAGE PROCESSOR

Type
DIGIC 8

LENS

Lens Mount
RF (EF and EF-S lenses can be attached using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, or Drop-
In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R. EF-M lenses are not compatible)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2013
I’ve already convinced myself the EVF won’t be so terrible and I’ll probably be using the flip screen most of the time anyways. *sigh*, you get me every time, Canon.

if you want to compare, it's almost exactly the same as a A7 II not sure if you can find one to compare with, but that will give you an idea before you get one in your hands.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
if you want to compare, it's almost exactly the same as a A7 II not sure if you can find one to compare with, but that will give you an idea before you get one in your hands.
The A7II is a .5” EVF, is it not? I’ve compared the M50 (this EVF) to the R (.5” EVF), and was really hoping Canon would put a lower resolution .5” EVF in it.

Upvote 0

Mark D5 TEAM II

Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
Mar 5, 2013
Tleilax, Thalim Star System
Things I noticed: Top shutter speed 1/4000 (ok given the price segment), X-Sync 1/180 (still ok), 4k output over HDMI (nice), RP doesn't mean cheap plastic because damn baby it's magnesium alloy, weather-sealed as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
The A7II is a .5” EVF, is it not? I’ve compared the M50 (this EVF) to the R (.5” EVF), and was really hoping Canon would put a lower resolution .5” EVF in it.
oh you're right, i missed that.

but in reality it shouldn't matter much because the magnifications are similar (.70x to .71x) that influences the size of the viewfinder image that you see.

Upvote 0