Here are the USD prices for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and lenses

No, it’s not.
It’s Much Much Much more functional... better ergonomics, better screen, better EVF, usable menus, flip screen, far superior weather sealing. And I haven’t even touched on specs/features.

Don't forget SONY has the MIS Shoe, brilliant for audio accessories, it'll be interesting to see how CANON are addressing getting quality audio into the camera.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2016
Honestly very disappointing, 2500 for the R6. Was really hoping for something like 2200.
Not in the budget that one.
It's a shame the R doesn't have IBIS. I wonder if they will ever make an affordable camera like that with IBIS.

£300 is your difference maker here? And then complaining that the cheaper camera doesn't have a feature you want in the same breath? Good to see unrealistic entitlement alive and well in the comments.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2016
Always happy to see people like you attacking others for saying something about themselves. The irony of you talking about entitlement is off the charts.

Care to explain that rude comment, champ? You said you wanted an 11% reduction on a proposed pricing or it was a deal breaker, then in the same breath said you wanted a cheaper camera with more functionality. I called it as I saw it. What you "said about yourself" was that you want the world for no money. If you're going to post unrealistic, entitled nonsense, you can expect to get called out about it.

So, now if you'd like to explain what you meant by "people like you", and how my comment displayed entitlement, let's have that conversation. Or better yet, maybe just take the L and think before you post next time.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
the fact remains that the pricing for the R6 is very high and pretty surprising. Especially considering the price of the R will soon be at 1500. 40% or something more for IBIS and 30fps more? While removing top down display and less pixels?
Add to that other options like the older Sony's
Surely not.

I for one will finally turn my back to Canon. The R6 seems like a great cam don't get me wrong. But their pricing seems off.
Except to most of us it doesn't seem all that high or surprising, for the feature set, and as an initial release price. You seem pretty enamoured with Sony, so maybe they are indeed a better option for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Always happy to see people like you attacking others for saying something about themselves. The irony of you talking about entitlement is off the charts.

Ignoring that angry comment, the fact remains that the pricing for the R6 is very high and pretty surprising. Especially considering the price of the R will soon be at 1500. 40% or something more for IBIS and 30fps more? While removing top down display and less pixels?
Add to that other options like the older Sony's
Surely not.

I for one will finally turn my back to Canon. The R6 seems like a great cam don't get me wrong. But their pricing seems off.

The R6 is better than the R in SOOOOOOOO many ways but : pixel count and TDD. Oh, and maybe the also the touch bar, lol. You only think there are 2 advantages with the R6??? You got to be kidding us! Read the feature/spec list again.

Older models are always dropping big time so you can't expect new models to start at/near the heavily discounted price of the older one, otherwise after a few generations they'll end up being almost free. Gimme a break!

Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
I wonder if there will be similar offers made like the CF card and reader when the 1DX was released or £500 bonus on any trade in that is currently available? Either would be nice.

I just hope the live stream is better than last time and the retailers in the UK update their sites. Currently, none of them have any information, trailers or even list the R5 / R6 and new lenses. I think there is an embargo that they are sticking to.

Only 4.5 hours to wait. :sneaky:

Upvote 0
My 5DIV is made from costlier materials than my RP and my M5, and has costlier features, but it gives no indication of having superior build quality compared to the less expensive cameras.

Have you tried using 5DIV and say RP alongside under rain or sea spray?

Upvote 0

B77

Feb 16, 2020
I was hoping for something closer to $2000 for the R6. I shoot both Canon and Sony (5DIV and a6500) and have been wanting to go full frame mirrorless. Have been holding off from getting an A7III, would be adapting a bunch of EF and using several of the Sony lenses that I have. Wouldn't mind spending more to go all Canon but A7III is about $1700 now; going to $2500 is a bigger stretch than I like.

Agreed. Canon overpriced as usuall. I was looking for an update for my 10-year old Canon, I guess it will be a Sony. Can't be bothered with Canon any more if competition sells DSLRs with the same specs for under $2.000 and Canon tries to sell camera with 2017 specs for $2.500.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I find it hard to believe Canon would price the R6 above 2000. They must really believe it is far better than the Sony A7iii and Nikon Z6(and their expected replacements)
My retrailer was guessing €2750 to €2799 for the R6. A lot of Money. So, the R6 must be superior to the Sony 7AIII. I guess, the IQ will be superior. Or the EVF - as this is not good at the A7III.
Btw: Each camera that has an better menu than the A7III is worth an plus of 800-1000€! Just calculate the loss of anger, frustration and headaches that saves the user-friendly Canon menu to you! :giggle:

Upvote 0
Agreed. Canon overpriced as usuall. I was looking for an update for my 10-year old Canon, I guess it will be a Sony. Can't be bothered with Canon any more if competition sells DSLRs with the same specs for under $2.000 and Canon tries to sell camera with 2017 specs for $2.500.

I don't see how the R6 with superior specs as the A7iii should sell for less

Upvote 0