Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I asked, and my sources came through. I now know the announcement date for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6, and new RF mount lenses.
The big day? The official announcement will take place on or around July 9, 2020!
Canon products being announced on July 9, 2020

Canon EOS R5
Canon EOS R6
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 IS STM
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Canon RF 85mm f/2 Macro IS STM
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4-7.1L IS USM
Canon RF 600mm f/11 DO IS STM
Canon RF 800mm f/11 DO IS STM
Teleconverter RF 1.4x
Teleconverter RF 2x

The image below seems to be missing a couple of lenses, most notably the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM and the RF 50mm f/1.8 (I think), so these probably won’t ship until Q4 of 2020.
The same source has told us that the Canon EOS R6 body will ship in August, and that the Canon EOS R5 won’t begin shipping until September. Ship dates have been a moving target thus far, but that falls in line with my original leaks that the EOS R6 would...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

trulandphoto

Upstate NY photographer and retired atorney
CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
trulandphotography.com
A few observations.

The R6, with the same form factor as the R5, looks like it might not be all that inexpensive.

The RF 70-200mm f/4L might be black rather than white? I like that.

The f/11 primes could be amazing.

Can't wait for the announcement so I can start a shopping list/plan.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
With F11 I expected something much closer to pancake design.
If we believe the patent, the length of the 600 f/11 should be around 320mm to the mount. In this image it is slightly shorter than the 100-500. The 100-500 was seen next to the 100-400II at the photo show. It looked maybe 5-10mm longer than the 100-400 putting it around 200-210mm. So these must be extendable unless Canon used a totally different patent design. This fits with this new design of the two lenses.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Definitely interested to see the R6 unveiled completely. If it looks like the camera i am hoping there may be some spoiling of the wife happening in the lead up to Xmas. Only one thing scares me. VIEWFINDER. Will it be good enough? I could just scrape by if it is as good as th R but certainly no worse. Oh well. Only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Is it R6 in the middle? I would put R5 as higher end in middle of lineup.
Or they are just side by side .
They are side by side in the front. Showcasing the two new cameras. R5 on the left with top plate LCD. R6 on the right with dial instead of LCD (agrees with all the original rumors). I guess the R6 is slightly ahead...I wouldn't read much into that though.

Upvote 0