Here is the Canon EOS R6

20mp is tons, exactly how big are you planning on printing your image that it wont be ok?

I've a 190x96cm or so photo printed off the inspire 2 x5s camera, and that's a 20mp sensor as well but micro 4/3's.
Looks absolutely perfect in print, and now imagine how much sharper it would be with a FF sensor like will be in the R6

Honestly, more MP aren't needed unless you're doing billboards or printing 6ft photos for galleries, by which time you'll probably be talking about shooting on medium format anyway.

R6 looks great, my only gripe, and to be fair, its a very small gripe, is the mode dial on top of the camera, that could surely be done like on the R and the space used for some other dial?

If theres one thing the R did right IMO, it was the mode selection buttons to save space on the top.
Tho they made a serious blunder with the touch bar and the lack of a scroll wheel on the back.

My guess is, most people is using 61mp Sony camera to snap photo and post on Instagram... Just guessing

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
How many 20 FPS/20 MP full frame sensors can Canon have? Canon might say it's different from the 1DX Mark III for marketing purposes but, If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it ain't no armadillo.

If it's 1D Mark III sensor, then it's a bless. You won't understand until you handle 1D series files..

Upvote 0
I have five months to convince my wife that this cameras is necessary. Not easy for someone who does not understand sensor performance in low light etc. Any tips would be appreciated.
Ps. I ALWAYS immediately say yes when she wants to buy another item of clothing that isn't needed so I do have that in my favor ;)

You may tell her the new camera will take more beautiful photo of her. Most people will believe the myth that better camera will take better photo.

As I showed photo taken either by phone or camera to my friends, their first question is, "what camera / phone you used to shoot?"

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Canonite

EOS R5
Dec 19, 2013
You may tell her the new camera will take more beautiful photo of her. Most people will believe the myth that better camera will take better photo.

As I showed photo taken either by phone or camera to my friends, their first question is, "what camera / phone you used to shoot?"

My 2 cents.
I have been shooting with Canon camera's for around 40 years. I shoot a 1Dx II and have been shooting pro bodies for some time now.
"Never" ever in my photography career did I ever look at a photo and wonder what camera took the image. Never ever.... :)

Either a photo is good or captivating, and that may make me wonder how the shot was taken. The lighting, the mood the excitement the action shot of a fast bird, but never have I wondered if a Nikon? maybe a D5 or D4 or a 1D Mark II or a 7D... took the image.

A new camera won't make you a better photographer, just like a new piano won't make you a concert pianist. :)

Upvote 0
I have been shooting with Canon camera's for around 40 years. I shoot a 1Dx II and have been shooting pro bodies for some time now.
"Never" ever in my photography career did I ever look at a photo and wonder what camera took the image. Never ever.... :)

Either a photo is good or captivating, and that may make me wonder how the shot was taken. The lighting, the mood the excitement the action shot of a fast bird, but never have I wondered if a Nikon? maybe a D5 or D4 or a 1D Mark II or a 7D... took the image.

A new camera won't make you a better photographer, just like a new piano won't make you a concert pianist. :)

Hi Canonite,

thanks for your comments.

that is suggestion for the comment that to convince his wife for the EOS R5 purchase.

however, I am totally agreed with you, it’s the “photographer” taking the photo, camera Is just processing the photo.

cheers

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017

I agree with you, however, I am glad that my wife is not following CR... My justification for a new photographic equipment purchase is a bit contrary to what you have just said :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Here is an explanation why the DxO score of the 1D-X III is worse than the Mk II:

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/24/this-is-why-the-canon-1d-x-mark-iii-scored-so-badly-on-dxomark/

Canon simply shifted their focus on low-light performance, which makes sense for such an action camera. People shooting landscapes with low ISO settings are not exactly the target users of such a camera. This is a nice example how pure lab results can create misconceptions.

Btw I always had the eery feeling that the DxO guys are secretly smirking when they managed again to create a stir on the internet about "bad" Canon technology... :cool:

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
That would be funny - if it wasn't true.
Well, technically you are free to burn any firmware you wish onto that camera hardware.

If you were to clean room figure out the hardware and come out with your own firmware for it, you should be legally able to develop, use and even sell this new firmware to others.

Much like how cars have their firmware or even whole chip sets for controlling the engines you can buy from 3rd parties.

Just to be pedantic.

;)

C

• Haha
Upvote 0