Here is the Canon EOS R6

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Sorry to hear about your job and I hope it works out for you.
All good mate. We are in a far better position than many so I am not complaining. And now I am starting up some animal photography workshops at the zoo where I work(worked) so with a bit of luck they will go ok and get me some income. One door closes another opens so they say.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Is a top down screen really that big a deal? Maybe it is. I just don't see it as such especially since the back screen is always there. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I use the top down screen on my mirrorless so I can change the settings with the minimal battery use. I have the back screen off most of the time when out so I can keep the EVF on a longer timer before sleep(They are strangely related in the settings).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
All good mate. We are in a far better position than many so I am not complaining. And now I am starting up some animal photography workshops at the zoo where I work(worked) so with a bit of luck they will go ok and get me some income. One door closes another opens so they say.
Good news on the Zoo workshops. Our zoo here in Dallas, TX. offers workshops. Bet that will be a fun gig. Best wishes to you!

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Good news on the Zoo workshops. Our zoo here in Dallas, TX. offers workshops. Bet that will be a fun gig. Best wishes to you!
Thanks mate. it is only a small zoo at this time but we are going through a revolutionary change of philosophy as just before I started there it got new management that is determined to see it become a zoo of of 21st century instead of the 20th century. The workshops are an exciting little addition that we hope will prove popular. TBH though we really need our borders to open to get interstate and eventually international travellers back

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
Does anyone know what the flash sync speed is for the R6? Does it vary with the shutter mode selected? (mechanical, electronic)
It only works in mechanical mode, the EFCS is on by default, it is 1/250 sec that way, or if you turn it off it is 1/200 sec

Another feature worth mentioning is the FF4k60p (1.07x crop) does retain the Dual-Pixel Autofocus (it was disabled on the 1DX III) and the two cameras have a different AA filter.

Upvote 0
I received an email from Atomos this morning saying that they will support 4k 60p 10-bit 422 ProRes for both the R5 and R6 at launch. Setting aside all the talk about the R5, 8K and such; an R6 w/Ninja V sounds like it will be a solid performer. Canon has never allowed that sort of output in the past. Spend a few hundred on a high quality, high capacity SSD and you are good to go. That micro HDMI might be an issue.

I could see a rig like that replacing my X-T3. I'm happy with the results I'm getting now but if the Canon IBIS is is good as many are saying I could just about ditch the gimbal. That would be great.

I'm a little annoyed about the lack of DCI. I'm not sure what that is all about. Sounds like some old-school Canon gimping but I'm trying to reserve judgement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I received an email from Atomos this morning saying that they will support 4k 60p 10-bit 422 ProRes for both the R5 and R6 at launch. Setting aside all the talk about the R5, 8K and such; an R6 w/Ninja V sounds like it will be a solid performer. Canon has never allowed that sort of output in the past. Spend a few hundred on a high quality, high capacity SSD and you are good to go. That micro HDMI might be an issue.

I could see a rig like that replacing my X-T3. I'm happy with the results I'm getting now but if the Canon IBIS is is good as many are saying I could just about ditch the gimbal. That would be great.

I'm a little annoyed about the lack of DCI. I'm not sure what that is all about. Sounds like some old-school Canon gimping but I'm trying to reserve judgement.

Is that ProRES RAW in 4K?

Upvote 0
They're using Bluetooth 4.2 on the R6 instead of 5.0 like on the R5? WTH? That's not saving them any money, it's just a way of making people think twice before choosing the R6 over the R5.
The 20 mp sensor is a huge step backward and not necessary since the R6 will still be an expensive camera.

In full frame world, 2499 isn't expensive camera....

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
You do realize just about every billboard you've ever seen is images printed from cameras of less than 20mp. Then there is the new 1DXIII...at 20mp it must be a joke too. Guys that think their equipment makes them a photographer make me laugh. A good photographer can take a Kodak Instamatic 110 and do good work with it.

Amateurs and hobbyists are always crying for high MP, DR and super high ISO..

Upvote 0