Here is the Canon EOS Rebel 850D/T8i

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Am I misreading the comments, or are people saying this could be a full frame body?

You’re misreading the comments. (If you refer to the ones where people compare it to the original 1D series bodies, well, those weren’t full-frame either. But sensor size is not what people are talking about.)

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
From a xxxD I do expect to see USB-C more than on a pro camera, the customer base is likely to plug directly into their MacBook Air or iPad and even charge with the same cable.

I doubt that more than a few percent of the global target audience of this camera have a recent MacBook or iPad.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
From a xxxD I do expect to see USB-C more than on a pro camera, the customer base is likely to plug directly into their MacBook Air or iPad and even charge with the same cable.

And most Android users have micro-USB cables (which is what the photos of the Rebel T8i/850D appear to be). So what's your point? Do you think "typical" users of Rebels are more likely to have MacBook Air or iPad devices than Android devices?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

And most Android users have micro-USB cables (which is what the photos of the Rebel T8i/850D appear to be). So what's your point? Do you think "typical" users of Rebels are more likely to have MacBook Air or iPad devices than Android devices?

There are very few Android tablets. Windows tablets predominantly have USB-C. And yes I expect the typical users of this will have a computer 3 years old or newer and will likely buy a new computer in its lifespan. I do not think a legacy port is acceptable on any device released today.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
There are very few Android tablets. Windows tablets predominantly have USB-C. And yes I expect the typical users of this will have a computer 3 years old or newer and will likely buy a new computer in its lifespan. I do not think a legacy port is acceptable on any device released today.

I'm guessing many (most?) potential Rebel buyers have no tablet of any kind and their most used electronic device is a phone. But I guess in your little Apple bubble there aren't many Android phones out there, either?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

I'm guessing many (most?) potential Rebel buyers have no tablet of any kind and their most used electronic device is a phone. But I guess in your little Apple bubble there aren't many Android phones out there, either?

The few Android phones still being sold on legacy USB will quickly become obsolete as well as iPhone's that are still using the legacy lightning connector. The type-c connector has been the standard for sometime and will be for quite a few years to come, it is disappointing that any manufacturer would choose to ship a obsolete port. This especially applies to Apple with their insistence on using the lightning connector for iPhones.

Upvote 0