Here's The List of New Canon Video Cameras That Are Coming Shortly

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
As <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/more-announcements-from-canon-coming-in-september/">we mentioned after Canon’s August announcements</a>, the next round of new products will be related to video and coming this month. As suspected, it doesn’t appear any of the new products are Cinema EOS related.</p>
<p><strong>The video cameras coming will be:</strong></p>

<ul>
<li>Canon VIXIA HF G21</li>
<li>Canon XA11</li>
<li>Canon XA15</li>
<li>Canon XF400</li>
<li>Canon XF405</li>
<li>Canon GX10</li>
</ul>
<p>Some of the above models <a href="http://rra.go.kr/ko/license/A_c_search_view.do?category=&fromdate=2017&todate=&firm=canon&equip=hd">have shown up for certification</a>.</p>
<p>We’ve been told that the APS-C sized sensor equipped PowerShot G1 X Mark III rumors are true, but an announcement date is still unknown at this time.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

Sharlin said:
I wonder what the 4K status of these is going to be.

Traditionally, XF and XA series are considered Canon's fixed lens professional camcorders. XF series are considered broadcast quality gadgets and have been higher in the product hierarchy compared to XAs that are news gathering tools. So if Canon decides to include any professional implementation of 4K (8-10 bit, 4:2:2 color space, 150Mbps broadcast standard) I guess the XF400s shall get it. Perhaps in order to compete with rival products, XAs may also get some sort of toy implementation of 4K (8-bit, 4:2:0 color space, up to 100Mbps).

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
raptor3x said:
Does anyone know how good the EVFs are on the XA series camcorders? I currently use a Sony AX53 for skiing motion analysis and my biggest complaint is the awful EVF they put on it.
The XA10 is ok, but nothing to write home about.

No idea why they are doing an XA11 and XA15 when they are already up to XA35...makes me think these cams wont even have 1080/60. Or they'll strip out the XLR adapter or something equally dumb

Upvote 0
Warrenl said:
These new cameras just look like an upgraded G40/XA30/XA35 with 4K. Previously the XF was a more upmarket range with bigger bodies and higher specs...

The Canon XF400 photo is the same as the XA11 body?

Must be some kind of mistake. Saw the exact same thing.

If the Legria (consumer) line is receiving 4K then the XA line (prosumer) must have at least one model with that feature. The XF line is definitely more pro oriented. I expect the price to match that tier, specially if we get a similar three-sensored arrangement as the XF300.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
EduPortas said:
Warrenl said:
These new cameras just look like an upgraded G40/XA30/XA35 with 4K. Previously the XF was a more upmarket range with bigger bodies and higher specs...

how can it be a mistake? you can see the product name on the cameras themselves.

Upvote 0
EduPortas said:
Warrenl said:

If the Legria (consumer) line is receiving 4K then the XA line (prosumer) must have at least one model with that feature. The XF line is definitely more pro oriented. I expect the price to match that tier, specially if we get a similar three-sensored arrangement as the XF300.

It seems that XA11 (HDMI version, with XLR handle), XA15 (HDMI/SDI version, with XLR handle) and VIXIA HF G21 (consumer version, without XLR) have HD resolution only.
and XF400 (HDMI version, with XLR handle), XF405 (HDMI/SDI version, with XLR handle) and GX10 (consumer version, without XLR) have 4K resolution.
If so, it will be the first time that Canon is offering a consumer version of XF series videocams.
I guess the three-sensored arrangement of XF300 series will be replaced by 1-inch sensor (similar to XC10, XC15 series) and I do not expect to get Super 35mm sensor, but who knows.
My best guess is that XF400s will be more or less XC10 camera in videocam form factor but perhaps without CFast cards. I hope to get dual pixel AF, and a good codec, though.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
bhf3737 said:
EduPortas said:
Warrenl said:

It seems that XA11 (HDMI version, with XLR handle), XA15 (HDMI/SDI version, with XLR handle) and VIXIA HF G21 (consumer version, without XLR) have HD resolution only.
and XF400 (HDMI version, with XLR handle), XF405 (HDMI/SDI version, with XLR handle) and GX10 (consumer version, without XLR) have 4K resolution.
If so, it will be the first time that Canon is offering a consumer version of XF series videocams.
I guess the three-sensored arrangement of XF300 series will be replaced by 1-inch sensor (similar to XC10, XC15 series) and I do not expect to get Super 35mm sensor, but who knows.
My best guess is that XF400s will be more or less XC10 camera in videocam form factor but perhaps without CFast cards. I hope to get dual pixel AF, and a good codec, though.

it appears by the pics that the XLR handle is usable on all of them

Upvote 0
rrcphoto said:
EduPortas said:
Warrenl said:

how can it be a mistake? you can see the product name on the cameras themselves.

I though this was a rumor site? :)

Seriously, though, if would be a huge letdown for the XF line to lose it "pro appeal" and take the form of the XA line. Where does that leave actual video pros who need a dedicated ENG cam?

Also, in the pics the Legria and the XF400 look identical.

Upvote 0