High Quality Printing

I am not sure if this belongs here, but not a clear Forum to post this question. We had some high quality B&W Studio Portraits taken and we have digital files. They were taken by Joe Craig studios. They are very high quality. I have never had something like this printed before. I am looking for suggestions for print processes, paper and backings. I have been referred to BayPhoto and mPix. any other suggestions to any of the above. TIA.

Tim in Houston

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
bohaiboy said:
I am looking for suggestions for print processes, paper and backings.

A lot depends on the photo themselves, what "look and feel" you like, and how you want to display them.

It's difficult to tell what paper to use (and print process), without looking at the photo. Do they look best on a glossy paper because of deep blacks and highlights? Or their mood may be better shown by a fine art paper?

Is inkjet printing fine for you, or you may like "silver halide" prints, even from digital files? What size will they be printed? Are you going to store them in albums, or will they be framed and wall mounted (and where)? And especially, how much are your ready to spend for each print?

A good pro lab could also advise you about the options that best suit your images and display needs. I live in a different part of the world so I can't recommend one to you.

From what I see, BayPhoto looks a bit more "Pro" than mPix, at least more choices. You should check about theyr average quality, maybe starting with a single print before ordering the full set printed.

For even higher needs, there are more pro-oriented shops around capable of very high quality, usually at a corresponding price.

Upvote 0
As the other reply already suggested. It depends on what you are looking to print. For prints, the ones mentioned are great choice. Are you looking for canvas or other type or prints? For stuff like acrylic, etc there is whitewall. I saw them at WPPI in vegas and it provides something different. So it really depends on what you are looking for. You have alot of options here already.

Upvote 0