Holiday Printer deals

Lurker

EOS 80D
Dec 8, 2012
Not sure what deal you're looking for, I don't follow what Canon does year to year. Canon USA currently has rebates on printers that run through end of year.

privatebydesign

Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Jan 29, 2011
I wouldn't use an Epson if you paid me, Canon printer tech is vastly more reliable.

There was just a deal of $1,795 on the imagePROGRAF PRO-2000, which was a decent saving on a fantastic printer, though a bit too much for most users.

unfocused

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
Canon gives the printers away hoping to sell the consumables -- ink mostly. However, most consumers have figured out that if they open the box, take out the ink and another part (can't remember what it is called) those can be sold on eBay for $100-$150. So, Canon, a company that loves to tout its environmental record, ends up producing printers that go straight into landfills, burning resources all along the way.

privatebydesign

Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Jan 29, 2011
The "another part" is the print head. That consumers asset strip the special offer is their decision and I don't see that Canon can be criticized for it, can you imagine how much grief Canon would get if they worded the offer such that you couldn't asset strip it? They'd be crucified!

CanonFanBoy

EOS 5D SR
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
Canon gives the printers away hoping to sell the consumables -- ink mostly. However, most consumers have figured out that if they open the box, take out the ink and another part (can't remember what it is called) those can be sold on eBay for $100-$150. So, Canon, a company that loves to tout its environmental record, ends up producing printers that go straight into landfills, burning resources all along the way.
Except it is the consumers dumping the extra stuff in the landfills. What is Canon supposed to do? I still fail to see this as a scam. I got a real nice printer from them this way. Honestly, the way you look at this is a little strange. The number of printers that wind up in landfills are just a speck in the bucket compared to everything else.