How do you carry your EOS-M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
neuroanatomist said:
comsense said:
Cases for every small thing. You are a case study for case management of cases ;D ;D
Yes, I have a case or two... ;D

Holy Case!! That's some organization :eek: :eek:
I do agree with your caseology though. It should not be an inch more than what you need for an occasion and readily accessible :) it's no good fumbling around in the huge case for small package and miss the moment !!!!

Upvote 0
comsense said:
neuroanatomist said:
comsense said:
Cases for every small thing. You are a case study for case management of cases ;D ;D
Yes, I have a case or two... ;D
Holy Case!! That's some organization :eek: :eek:
I do agree with your caseology though. It should not be an inch more than what you need for an occasion and readily accessible :) it's no good fumbling around in the huge case for small package and miss the moment !!!!

I expect I have a similar "pile" of cases/pouches if I pulled them all together. Only difference is I use a Kinesis belt system so you'd need to replace all the Lowepro labels with Kinesis labels. I started using a belt and pouches to carry my stuff in 1998 - right about when Lowepro came out with their first belt system. I switched to Kinesis a while after that.

It's a bit of an overkill for the EOS-M, but it fits well in one of the pouches with all the other stuff I'm carrying.

Upvote 0
play said:
The new type of strap lug used with EOS M...is it possible to buy just the lug from somewhere to make a homemade wrist band? I don't want to butcher :eek: the included strap just to obtain the lug.

Is it really "butchering" if it only takes a minute or so to undo the strap to use the end fitting and then another minute or so to put it back together later?

Upvote 0
Coming from 5Dmk ii this was really a great buy, specifically at $299 price point. This is excellent camera for the price. Yes it is not 5Dmkii but atleast it is good enough for everyday use and much better than any point and shoot. The best feature I like about camera is focusing using touch screen on LCD.
I'm in same boat could not decide on what I should get. I like idea of Capture clip system but not sure if I want to leave EOS M hanging as it may scratch the LCD.
Is there any good LCD protector for EOS M ?

Upvote 0
schill said:
play said:
The new type of strap lug used with EOS M...is it possible to buy just the lug from somewhere to make a homemade wrist band? I don't want to butcher :eek: the included strap just to obtain the lug.

Is it really "butchering" if it only takes a minute or so to undo the strap to use the end fitting and then another minute or so to put it back together later?

I don't have the EOS M arrived in mail yet, so I just assumed I may need to "butcher".

marsfoto said:

I use Zagg Invisible shield on all my electronics. They can be 15-20$ depending on what they are for. For EOS M, I ordered a screen protector made for an older model Samsung smartphone, with 4 inch screen. I will just trim it to fit to EOS M screen. Why am I doing that? Because it's now just $2.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004J8YZ0A/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Upvote 0
play said:
schill said:
play said:

I don't have the EOS M arrived in mail yet, so I just assumed I may need to "butcher".

marsfoto said:

I use Zagg Invisible shield on all my electronics. They can be 15-20$ depending on what they are for. For EOS M, I ordered a screen protector made for an older model Samsung smartphone, with 4 inch screen. I will just trim it to fit to EOS M screen. Why am I doing that? Because it's now just $2.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004J8YZ0A/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Note - the manual states that a screen protector is not recommended as it may impair touchscreen sensitivity. Also the screen doesn't show finger prints and grime as much as other touchscreens like the iphone.

Upvote 0
play said:
schill said:
play said:

It's very easy.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I will be keeping my EOS-M stored in an old Targus case that held my old now broken P&S. It holds the M well and has enough room for a spare battery and the charger. This will be thrown in my work backpack and taken everywhere that goes. My Nex does not fit in this bag and had been just thrown in the top pocket of my backpack with all my pens, mic, earplug and stuff. I was always worried that the Nex would get messed up somehow.

Aside from that bag I am thinking of getting some kind of wrist strap. That can be used with the EOS-M or my Nex6.

I wish the charger was smaller and that the M could charge from the USB cable for traveling light. I do like the 22mm lens and still thing this was a better solution buying the 20mm Sony lens. I cannot wait to get ML running on the EOS-M.

Upvote 0
The LowePro UtilityBag 100 AW works great! I had an unused one sitting around and gave it a try.

• Front pocket for filters, batteries and cards
  • Built in microfiber cloth for cleaning the LCD
  • Two inside pockets; one for 1-2 extra lenses
  • The other for the GPS receiver or flash at the bottom
  • The camera sits on top with lens pointing down into the 2nd pocket (works for either pancake or zoom)
  • AW cover
  • Add a strap to the back grommets
  • I'll keep the lens adaptor in with my other gear

Seems to work pretty well, I want something that'll hold 2 lenses plus one on the body (all I'm missing is the new wide angle), the GPS or maybe I'll get a flash too, and filters, batteries and cards.

Otherwise I might consider the Lowepro LP36336 Compact Courier 80

Upvote 0
I bought Think Tank Mirrorless mover 30i, should be here this weekend. I'm planning on using it as my daily commuter, so I can carry camera with 22mm + 18-55 on side. It might be bit big for it but then I can throw in bunch of other things if I need to without worrying about space and at the same time it would be small enough for daily office commute.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.