How do you carry your EOS-M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody recommended this wrist strap. I just received mine from Amazon yesterday and its works great! Much better than the neck strap that came with the M.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009V4G9/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The wrist strap along with the Lowepro Dashport 20 works out very nicely with the M + 22/2 lens. When I install a larger EF lens, like the EF 24-70 2.8 II that I tried it with today, I used a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 45AW, but its sloppy in there. I don't anticipate using it with this lens as a regular practice (it's my default lens for my 6D), so I'll make do with cases I have on hand.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
JohanCruyff said:
JohanCruyff said:
I read that (video)camera bags are often adopted by many mirrorless user.

Did someone successfully try to carry a EOS M + EF-M 18-55 + EF-M 22mm using the cheap amazonbasic bag?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Camcorders-Large-Cameras-strap/dp/B0032FPVKE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks.

I trusted Amazon's measures. I'll check tomorrow and let you know, fellow friends from Canonrumors.

Amazon is a great resource, but they have a few bad habits. One of the worst is that they frequently, not always, list the size of the box the item comes in rather than the actual item. You would like to think that they wouldn't do that with their own products, but...

Upvote 0
brad-man said:
JohanCruyff said:
JohanCruyff said:

I read that (video)camera bags are often adopted by many mirrorless user.

Did someone successfully try to carry a EOS M + EF-M 18-55 + EF-M 22mm using the cheap amazonbasic bag?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Camcorders-Large-Cameras-strap/dp/B0032FPVKE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks.

I trusted Amazon's measures. I'll check tomorrow and let you know, fellow friends from Canonrumors.

Amazon is a great resource, but they have a few bad habits. One of the worst is that they frequently, not always, list the size of the box the item comes in rather than the actual item. You would like to think that they wouldn't do that with their own products, but...

[/size]

[/size]I know that the forumistic masses were eagerly awaiting for my test. ;D
Many of the canonrumorsforumers (nearly 42,500 :eek: ) sent me Private Messages asking me to show them my results. And here they are.

[/size]In my field test, the Amazonbasics bag managed to swallow:
- one spare LP-E12 battery + 2 (two) spare AA batteries in the front pocket
[/size]- one SD (but more of them can be hosted by the 2 (two) side pockets
- one microfiber glass cleaning cloth
[/size]- and ...
[/size]
[/size]- ...suspance...
[/size]
[/size]- now just 5 minutes of advertising. Well'be back soon. Please stay tuned.

[/size]Just jocking. ;)
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]-EOS M plus EFM 22mm, Flash 90EX and EFM 18-55mm (with lens hood - reversed) found place in the main bag sections. :)
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Test passed. In other solemn words, "A small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind".

[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Please don't judge my picture quality [Samsung S3, held with 1 (one) hand, not much light]. ;D
[/size]

[/size]

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,769
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,774
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,763
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,749
Upvote 0

GDub

I R Photographer
Oct 5, 2011
Montréal, Québec
mediarare.com
GDub said:
drjlo said:
Hmm. I'm really liking the EOS-M with 90EX acting as master and 580EX II off-camera as slave. What would be a good bag, not too big, that will fit EOS-M, EF-M 22mm, 90EX, and 580EX II?

I highly recommend Think Tank bags.

I just bought the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20. Haven't got it yet (should arrive the same day as my EOS M), but I LOVE all my other Think Tank bags so I'm assuming more of the same goodness. Seems about the right size for what you're asking.

[bump] I got the Think Tank MM 20 and my EOS M kit (with the complimentary 90EX!!). The bag is perfect for my needs. It will comfortably hold the camera w/22mm lens and wrist strap attached, Canon lens adapter, 40mm pancake lens, speedlite 90EX, iPhone, several memory cards, extra battery, my wallet and car keys.

BTW, for those who like Black Rapid straps: I have a Black Rapid SnapR 20 bag that I use when I carry my G11. The EOS M w/22mm and pinch lens cap fits into it, but it's a very tight squeeze. The strap, on the other hand, detaches from the bag and has male and female clip ends, a slider unit like on the bigger BR straps and a small version of the fastenR that screws into the cameras tripod mount. It's like a mini RS-7! And it fits into the Think Tank MM 20 along with everything else mentioned above.

Regarding the large flash unit question, I don't own a 580EX II, but my 430EX II will easily fit in the MM 20 along with the camera if I move one of the dividers and tilt the flash's head to the forward position.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Now I can carry it attached to my wrist, with the Canon ER-E1 strap. I went with this instead of cannibalizing the neck strap attachment and adding a different wrist strap because I use the neck strap sometimes, too, and this makes it a lot easier to switch back and forth.

Attachments

• EOS-M+ER-E1strap.jpg
    EOS-M+ER-E1strap.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3,292
Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
neuroanatomist said:
Now I can carry it attached to my wrist, with the Canon ER-E1 strap. I went with this instead of cannibalizing the neck strap attachment and adding a different wrist strap because I use the neck strap sometimes, too, and this makes it a lot easier to switch back and forth.

Where did you find it?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
dcm said:
neuroanatomist said:
Where did you find it?

In my mailbox. ;)

I suspect it ended up in there because I ordered it from Digitalrev.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:

i bought an oem m strap on ebay then cannibalized the strap hardware so i could configure my own straps.

9526108400_75371c88da_z.jpg

9521974243_37a236afde_z.jpg

8168608890_6c77a8328c_z.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
JPAZ said:
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get just the "end piece" that attaches to the lugs of the M. Were this available without having to cannibalize a strap to get them, this would open up many possibilities.

old Hassleblad straps have the same hardware and it locks. this one is made by OP/Tech:

8184266215_9e664ed603_z.jpg

you can find them on ebay and photo retailers that still carry the old stock.

Upvote 0
If I want to use something other than the 22mm prime, I find the Lowepro Edit 110 will carry the M plus any two of the native lenses, one of them mounted. Or, with the EF adaptor, combos like the 50mm 1.4 and 22mm M or (my favourite) 40mm pancake and 11-22mm M. Plus spare battery and memory card(s), remote control and mini tripod (Cullmann). Makes a very neat package.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Cb33 said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Yesterday I ordered 2 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/320951699480 ... recommended by CR member "Cb33"

DON'T BUY IT...too tight. Not happy at all :( :( :(

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Those looked good. Now I wish I hadn't noticed those while looking around for cases.

Don't worry about it cb33 ;), it only $10. I can still return it. I just want to mention here so others don't run into this problem again.
I had ordered 2 from Amazon and paid $4.99 each ... I still haven't received them as I'm currently travelling ... but no problemo if they don't fit, I have other things I can use it for.
Almost forgot about this thread, been a bit tied up with 5hit loads of work ... coming back to the topic, as mentioned earlier, I bought 2 of these for $4.99 each from Amazon and the pouch is a snug fit for the EOS-M + 22mm lens ... but that's all that you can fit into that pouch and that's how I wanted it ... this pouch is not for everyone, if you are like me who wants to carry the EOS-M with the 22mm lens, (without being intrusive), to small parties or evening get-to-gethers in restaurants etc then this is a great little pouch ... but you do have to remember that it is not for protection but for hooking it up to your belt and portability. I like this pouch ... it fits my needs perfectly. Here is the link to the Amazon store I bought it from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008R3O6S4/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Cb33 said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Yesterday I ordered 2 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/320951699480 ... recommended by CR member "Cb33"

DON'T BUY IT...too tight. Not happy at all :( :( :(

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Those looked good. Now I wish I hadn't noticed those while looking around for cases.

Don't worry about it cb33 ;), it only $10. I can still return it. I just want to mention here so others don't run into this problem again.
I had ordered 2 from Amazon and paid $4.99 each ... I still haven't received them as I'm currently travelling ... but no problemo if they don't fit, I have other things I can use it for.
Almost forgot about this thread, been a bit tied up with 5hit loads of work ... coming back to the topic, as mentioned earlier, I bought 2 of these for $4.99 each from Amazon and the pouch is a snug fit for the EOS-M + 22mm lens ... but that's all that you can fit into that pouch and that's how I wanted it ... this pouch is not for everyone, if you are like me who wants to carry the EOS-M with the 22mm lens, (without being intrusive), to small parties or evening get-to-gethers in restaurants etc then this is a great little pouch ... but you do have to remember that it is not for protection but for hooking it up to your belt and portability. I like this pouch ... it fits my needs perfectly. Here is the link to the Amazon store I bought it from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008R3O6S4/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

look good for five bucks... just ordered one :D my optech pouch lacks the belt loop, which i will use to attach to my backback instead of wearing it fanny pack style.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.