How many happy S100 owners are out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willrobb

Have seen a lot of talk about the S100 (particularly first production run) being not so good for a variety of reasons as you'll see on previous posts, but who out there has an S100 and is happy (or not as the case may be) about it?

Neuroanatomist had a very positive review up, then after that it was warnings not to buy. What do the people who have the S100 feel about it? Any pics to back up your findings? I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear what you have to say and see what the camera can deliver.

5L1M

FINALLY GOT ONE! Im very very very happy with it, Quality is second to none and the Picture quality is unreal for such a small thing, low lights shots and really sharp, Ive been playing with it all day got about 80 shots and the full battery icon hasn't changed. I will say its a bit of a fiddle with all the settings and options burred in settings menu but for what this camera was made to do, it does it very well, I would really be surprised if anything can best the picture quality for the same price (£385)!

Picked up an Energizer CA5L spare battery and Canon DCC-1500 case both for £22 (wasn't a fan of the DCC-1450 soft case) fits beautifully. ROAD TRIP TIME!

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
smithy said:
I had pretty much decided on the S100 as my next compact camera, but then my father-in-law bought me the Fujifilm X10 for Christmas instead... I'm not complaining though...!

To those that have used the S100 - how good is the super slow-motion feature?

Lucky you with the X10.

The super slowmo genuinely surprised me. I though it would just be a modestly performing gimmick.
Wait... it is a gimmick, but a pleasingly useful/effective one. Just keep in perspective this is a little camera bought for a few hundred dollars...it's certainly no C300!

Paul Wright

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.