How many shots per battery charge of the EOS RP will you get?

How many shots per battery charge of the RP will you get?

• 50-100

• 101-200

• 201-300

• 301-500

• 501-750

• 751-1000

• >1000

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlanF

5DSR
Aug 16, 2012
CIPA rates the EOS RP at 250 shots per battery charge. Ken Rockwell expects much more in practice. I am hopeless at battery life. Whereas others claim more than 1000 shots from their M5, I am lucky to get 100, and it's the same in general for me on all cameras. What do you expect you will get from the EOS RP?

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
My R gets around 1000 or more, I've turned review off, not for battery life, but to speed up ability to take subsequent shots. I've never actually run the battery down, I had about 800 shots with 25% battery left, so I changed batteries to make sure it did not die at a critical moment.

I do think that the way a camera is used greatly affects battery life. My shots happened over about 3 hours or less, I had two cameras, my 5D MK IV with 70-200 and the R with 24-70 and the next night, I switched lenses around just to compare. I could not tell a difference in battery life, but I'd expect a telephoto lens to shorten the battery life. I have a USB Battery and a converter (Case Relay) which has enough juice to outlast several LP-E6 Batteries. I actually used it after the 800 shots just to verify that it worked reliably with the R. I snapped a shot of it before using it. I also had a LP-E17 adapter that went with my SL-2, I gave it to my granddaughter.

I also have a cheap 50 watt USB C Charger (~ $25) which charges my R just fine.

Wed5210.jpg

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hi AlanF!

Sorry, but why making a poll now out of a pure guessing game as no one has the EOS RP yet?
Only thing one could do is looking at the CIPA numbers, using some math maybe comming from the EOS R and say with normal use you'll make 1x0% of the CIPA numbers.

My approach would be:
Wait until release and then ask again.

My vote would be (missing option): "No clue!"

AlanF

5DSR
Aug 16, 2012
Hi AlanF!

Sorry, but why making a poll now out of a pure guessing game as no one has the EOS RP yet?
Only thing one could do is looking at the CIPA numbers, using some math maybe comming from the EOS R and say with normal use you'll make 1x0% of the CIPA numbers.

My approach would be:
Wait until release and then ask again.

My vote would be (missing option): "No clue!"
Come on Maximilian, have some fun!