Huge SanDisk Sale at B&H

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bfmawhinney

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Watch out, those SDXC UHS-1 cards do not work in UHS-1 mode for Current Canon cameras, so it might sound like a good deal for a fast card, however, it will not be nearly that fast in your camera, so you are wasting money.

Am sure I could find my answer, but wondering if this'll come back quickly. Looking to buy my first CF card for my upgrade to a 5DM3. Suggestions for a primarily photo but sometimes video shooter?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2010
bfmawhinney said:
Watch out, those SDXC UHS-1 cards do not work in UHS-1 mode for Current Canon cameras, so it might sound like a good deal for a fast card, however, it will not be nearly that fast in your camera, so you are wasting money.

Am sure I could find my answer, but wondering if this'll come back quickly. Looking to buy my first CF card for my upgrade to a 5DM3. Suggestions for a primarily photo but sometimes video shooter?
I bought the fastest Sandisk CF I could find and it works well in my 5D3:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&Ntt=SAEPCF32GB&A=endecaSearch&N=0&Q=&InitialSearch=yes

I get a full 6FPS for 21 frames and then the frame rate drops to 4FPS.

I also bought the fastest Sandisk 32GB UHS-1 card that Mt. Spokane above pointed out is a waste in the 5D3. True but the transfer to computer is way faster plus I have other devices kicking around that use faster media.

Upvote 0

Old Shooter

Never met a gadget I didn't like!
Oct 1, 2011
Ontario, California
Ming-Tzu said:
Thinking about getting the 128GB UDMA7 CF cards for my Mark III and the 7D. Worth it? Compatible?
Can't speak to the 7D - don't own one!

The 128GB SanDisk is a great deal at $609... But the 128GB Lexar 1000X is $726...

If you look at the Rob Galbraith report the Lexar 1000's are the speed demons with the Mark III...

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_wb_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-12452

The Extreme Pro's make up the next fastest group; with the 128GB UDMA7 at the top...

If you want to maximize the burst rate, and sustain it, they appear to be the way to go...

Upvote 0

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
The benefit from a super fast card comes when your buffer is full due to fast FPS shooting, or faster downloading to your computer, assuming you have a super fast card reader to match.

Unless you are doing that, a inexpensive Sandisk 60 mb/sec CF card is overkill, but a good middle of the road choice. In another year or even this next Christmas, prices for those super high speed cards will drop as a newer and faster one arrives on the market.

Upvote 0
A

amgc32

The benefit from a super fast card comes when your buffer is full due to fast FPS shooting, or faster downloading to your computer, assuming you have a super fast card reader to match.

Unless you are doing that, a inexpensive Sandisk 60 mb/sec CF card is overkill, but a good middle of the road choice. In another year or even this next Christmas, prices for those super high speed cards will drop as a newer and faster one arrives on the market.

I have a Sandisk ImageMate All in one card reader is this fast enough to be compatible or use the full potential of a Sandisk 32gb 90mbps CF card?

Upvote 0
B

bfmawhinney

Awesome, that's what I needed to hear. Can't imagine I'll be shooting at 6FPS too often to make the difference worth the money right now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.