I got defeated :(

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Jopa said:
CanonFanBoy said:
That's all good to read and it bodes well for what the 5D V will be. There is no way in the world the 5D mark III is holding me back. It is a lot of camera. Even if I upgrade during the next model rotation I don't think I'll ever sell my Mark III.

Don't tell this anyone on DPR! :) Everybody must jump ship ASAP LOL.

Think I'll start selling life jackets. :)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
AcutancePhotography said:
I dream of the time when my camera body is the weakest link in my photographic system.

Ha! Me too. I am definitely the weakest link. I look at it this way: If I can outgrow the 5D Mark III I'd be a very happy man. So far, I cannot. So I'm saving money because I have no real excuse to upgrade. Upgrading from the 70D was huge. I can't imagine things getting much better than the 5D Mark III for me. :D

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
neuroanatomist said:
CanonFanBoy said:
Wondering: Is the IQ and AF much better? I have a 5D III and I'm waiting on the 5D V if there ever is one. Just wondering how much improved AF and IQ are on the IV. Thanks!

For people who switched from a 5DIII to a 5DIV, the improvements in AF and IQ are very substantial. For people who decided not to switch from a 5DIII to a 5DIV, the improvements in AF and IQ are not very significant. ;)

I'd suggest thinking of it this way – if you feel that your photography is limited by the AF performance and/or IQ of the 5DIII, it's probably worth upgrading. Personally, I don't find the AF or the IQ of my 1D X to be limiting, which is why I didn't buy a 1D X II (and have no plans to, unless my 1D X irreparably breaks).

Perfect way to look at things. Thanks!

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
CanonFanBoy said:
I dream of the time when my camera body is the weakest link in my photographic system.

Ha! Me too. I am definitely the weakest link. I look at it this way: If I can outgrow the 5D Mark III I'd be a very happy man. So far, I cannot. So I'm saving money because I have no real excuse to upgrade. Upgrading from the 70D was huge. I can't imagine things getting much better than the 5D Mark III for me. :D

You see the improvements as you push the camera to its limits. I find the AF has improved and I can capture birds in flight much better. But, if you are not taking shots of fast moving birds it would not be that noticeable a difference.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
5D IV images taken at ISO 3200+ are much cleaner than taken with 5D III...
there are number of other IQ related improvements that are very noticeable in 5D IV.

i.e. should you push sliders in Lightroom a bit further, 5D III RAW files would start falling apart much faster than 5D IV files... highlights recovery works better for 5D IV files for me... etc.

AlanF said:
CanonFanBoy said:

You see the improvements as you push the camera to its limits. I find the AF has improved and I can capture birds in flight much better. But, if you are not taking shots of fast moving birds it would not be that noticeable a difference.

Upvote 0