I have seen the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, and I can tell you what I saw.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have seen the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III in all of its glory. A source sent me images of the new flagship Canon DSLR with the caveat that they’d be for my eyes only. I respect all sources wishes, so I will not be posting the images.
I can tell you what I have seen though.
Ergonomically the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III will be almost identical to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II. The first visual difference is how all of the ports are laid out on the side of the camera, and there are also additional port covers. The N3 remote jack has been moved to the side below the headphone jack. The memory card door is also a different shape, unfortunately, I could not see what slots were behind it.

Other than that, everything looks about the same as the EOS-1D X Mark II, which makes sense. Why mess with a camera design that is pretty much perfect ergonomically?
We did not get any specifications at this time, but we have reached out for more information.
There are Canon announcements tonight, but for the...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Jan 29, 2011
That's funny, I posted this a while ago in another thread...

As another unfounded but common sense clue, underwater housing manufacturers often get long run in times for body dimensions and button placement. AquaTech recently released an updated surf housing for the end of life1DX MkII, to me that points to the 1DX MkIII body being very similar to the previous bodies as although the Evo design will allow different camera configurations it is 20% smaller than the older Delphin , so there is less room for differences.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I saw it too. It also has a AF-ON button and a wheel. Really I'm not joking! And also a LCD on the back, and looks almost the same with mark II but a little different, the buttons are a little shaped different it has a new button. But I couldn't see if it still has a mirror or if it has an EVF or OVF...

• Haha
Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2017
I must say I do not agree with that "ergonomical perfectly shaped" body.

- The Light Button for the Top Display is completely impossible to reach, even if you have big hands. Even the WB button is dificult to reach.
- The missing Mode dial is realy a pain in the ass. Its much slower to click a button, look at a (tiny) symbol in the corner of the Viewfinder or look at the shoulder display and "dial" until you have the right mode. With a mode dial you can reach in a split second the right mode, without even looking and without any doubt. Its much faster and more reliable. You have direct tactile feedback to know exactly in what shooting mode you are.

Smaller critique pints:
- The missing button light makes it more difficult to use the camera in the dark.
- They could include easily a third wheel, to make switching ISO, A and S easier, without clicking an additional button
- The Power Switch is in a strange spot and uncessary hard to move

Upvote 0
I must say I do not agree with that "ergonomical perfectly shaped" body.

- The Light Button for the Top Display is completely impossible to reach, even if you have big hands. Even the WB button is dificult to reach.
- The missing Mode dial is realy a pain in the ass. Its much slower to click a button, look at a (tiny) symbol in the corner of the Viewfinder or look at the shoulder display and "dial" until you have the right mode. With a mode dial you can reach in a split second the right mode, without even looking and without any doubt. Its much faster and more reliable. You have direct tactile feedback to know exactly in what shooting mode you are.

Smaller critique pints:
- The missing button light makes it more difficult to use the camera in the dark.
- They could include easily a third wheel, to make switching ISO, A and S easier, without clicking an additional button
- The Power Switch is in a strange spot and uncessary hard to move

The Missing Mode wheel is for better sealing and also to be able to press Mfn and change the mode to C1 (custom 1). If you had a wheel you couldn't change shooting modes by pressing a button.

Upvote 0