IDXMKII - Please tell me I'm waiting for WOW!

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
What sort of "Wow" are you waiting for? If you use a 1Dx then you know that incremental improvements are the hallmark of 1 series bodies, not big groundbreaking "wows."

Fully functional touch screen, better autofocus with eye detection, something to replace the compact flash slot (two Cfast or 1 Cfast and one SD?), maybe a slight boost in frame rate, 30-32 mp sensor, add an autofocus selection lever/switch like either the 5D IV or 7D II. Some other features that will be nice but not revolutionary. What more would you want/expect?

The only thing that I can think of that would be a wow! would be if they somehow made the touchscreen on the back have the same function as the EOS R series, where you can use your thumb to move the focus point around. But, I think that is probably not possible with an optical viewfinder, so not getting any hopes up there.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
What sort of "Wow" are you waiting for? If you use a 1Dx then you know that incremental improvements are the hallmark of 1 series bodies, not big groundbreaking "wows."

Fully functional touch screen, better autofocus with eye detection, something to replace the compact flash slot (two Cfast or 1 Cfast and one SD?), maybe a slight boost in frame rate, 30-32 mp sensor, add an autofocus selection lever/switch like either the 5D IV or 7D II. Some other features that will be nice but not revolutionary. What more would you want/expect?

The only thing that I can think of that would be a wow! would be if they somehow made the touchscreen on the back have the same function as the EOS R series, where you can use your thumb to move the focus point around. But, I think that is probably not possible with an optical viewfinder, so not getting any hopes up there.

Didn't they already do that with the touchscreen on the 80D? Or is that only in Live View?

Upvote 0

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Didn't they already do that with the touchscreen on the 80D? Or is that only in Live View?

I have an 80D (and some other cameras).

This feature / functionality is only found in the M5 (and M50) - i.e. where the touchscreen can be used to move the AF point when eye is pressed to the EVF (and EVF is one). Once you get used to it, that works very well - quick and precise.

Paul

Upvote 0

Cryhavoc

Eos R, EM1 MkII, Lumix G9, Lumix S1R
Jan 17, 2019
Seattle
I have an 80D (and some other cameras).

This feature / functionality is only found in the M5 (and M50) - i.e. where the touchscreen can be used to move the AF point when eye is pressed to the EVF (and EVF is one). Once you get used to it, that works very well - quick and precise.

Paul

Eos R has this functionality as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0