Importing 5DS files into Lightroom CC

Feb 28, 2013
First up Im not the brightest spark when it comes to Adobe having spent years using Aperture!

Ive an 21.5" iMac (latest version) with the OS bang up to date. Ive the latest version of Canon utility and DPP, and Ive the latest versions of Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC which has the latest raw converter DNG 9.1.1
When I try to import files from the Canon 5DS they load into lighroom showing the jpeg ticked files but when I click to import them I get an error message that states the files are not supported and effectively a check box to download to the hardrive.
Has anyone else had issues loading files into Lightroom with this camera these are full raw files I can import them via Canon utility and edit in Photoshop CC as jpegs but they dont look great.

Feb 28, 2013
zim said:
Is it possible to use an out of date version of CC? would kinda defeat the purpose yet that sounds like what it's reporting. I'd suspect a registration issue. I seem to recall people reporting an issue with that which caused all sorts of issues.
Thanks. You were indeed right it was a registration issue which with Adobe help Ive managed to cure.

Upvote 0