Incapable of posting to the adorama thread money still not returned

Status
Not open for further replies.
natureshots said:
The site administrator has prevented me from continuing to post on the Adorama thread. My money is still not returned its been a week and a day and they still have not provided proof that they have done a thing with my money. All I get is responses from Helen saying that it will be back... Something is seriously wrong here.

Just got an email from Helen saying they have no idea where the money is... great...

For those who haven't read the original I have a 27K wire transfer that was mistakenly refused by their verification department. They "refused" my money 8 days ago although it took one business day (Friday to Monday to reach their account.

Upvote 0
natureshots said:
The site administrator has prevented me from continuing to post on the Adorama thread. My money is still not returned its been a week and a day and they still have not provided proof that they have done a thing with my money. All I get is responses from Helen saying that it will be back... Something is seriously wrong here.
or it is just banks ... I do understand the frustration, but my best guess is that the money is meandering through the banking system right now, which means there is not much Adorama or anyone else can do now until it arrives back in your account. Have you inquired with your bank?

Upvote 0
ahab1372 said:
natureshots said:
or it is just banks ... I do understand the frustration, but my best guess is that the money is meandering through the banking system right now, which means there is not much Adorama or anyone else can do now until it arrives back in your account. Have you inquired with your bank?
Repeatedly. They have nothing from their bank.

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
I'll say same thing what I said at the previous thread too:

The money is not with Adorama, it's at the banking system and that's where you should go looking for it. Calling/blaming Adorama is not going to help you one bit. Call your bank and demand details on the transaction.

All they can do is put a $30 trace on the money. Fact of the matter is that I have all sorts of proof the money was sent but they have yet to produce anything proving that they have done anything but deposit it. I said that if it is not figured out today that I will be putting a trace on the money. Their bank should be able to do the same but I guess its not $30 important to them.

I have called Adorama customer service between 20-30 times (my bank atleast 5 times). No one but Helen responds to my calls or emails despite customer service promising and failing to contact me at least 5 times. I am posting here because some people on this site make similar high value purchases. I believe they should understand what this company can do before investing their time and money. I am an honest person and not trying to scam a company. When they refused my money they accused me of it. When I talked to a manager afterwards they refused to refund my $25 that I spent on the transfer. The only way I can get any traction on resolving anything is through Helen and this site. Every other time I get no response from them. They should really look into what their policies are and who they are getting to do their customer service besides Helen. I'm sure she is very frustrated by this situation but one honest, earnest person does not make up for the rest of the company that does not seem to care. No one else responds. Keeping a favorable internet presence with a single employee may seem like a profitable way to run a business but it is not an honest one.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
From your original post in the locked thread:

natureshots said:
They then told me that they had refused the wire transfer because there was no address associated with my account.

It's unclear what 'account' you mean - if that refers to the information transmitted with the wire transfer, sounds like your bank is to blame.

If Adorama refused the wire transfer, they don't have your money. As others here have stated, it's somewhere in the banking system. Personally, I think spending $30 to find my $27,000 would be money well spent.

Note that Helen also stated:

Helen Oster said:
According to the OP's bank, the money will appear back in his account tomorrow. A check for $25 is on the way to him, from Adorama, to cover his wire costs.

So they're compensating you for the wire transfer fee you paid, nice of them if the information associated with the transfer was incomplete.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
From your original post in the locked thread:

natureshots said:
They then told me that they had refused the wire transfer because there was no address associated with my account.

It's unclear what 'account' you mean - if that refers to the information transmitted with the wire transfer, sounds like your bank is to blame.

If Adorama refused the wire transfer, they don't have your money. As others here have stated, it's somewhere in the banking system. Personally, I think spending $30 to find my $27,000 would be money well spent.

Note that Helen also stated:

Helen Oster said:
According to the OP's bank, the money will appear back in his account tomorrow. A check for $25 is on the way to him, from Adorama, to cover his wire costs.

So they're compensating you for the wire transfer fee you paid, nice of them if the information associated with the transfer was incomplete.
Initially they refused to compensate me until I posted here. Obviously refusing transfers and not reimbursing the sender is their normal business procedure. I see a problem with that. They have told me that they refused the transfer but frankly I do not believe that is what happened. I been asking for a week for documentation that they did indeed refuse the transfer and they have not provided me with any documentation despite asking multiple times. No one has been able to contact the account team except for Helen (I actually convinced customer service to give me the number for the account team and I tried several times and left messages that were never returned) which makes me think that this guy screwed up and is not admitting to his error while my money sits in their account. If they did actually return it, the money would be in my account by now. I could be wrong but again I have no proof and that is the crux of my problem. I understand that the banking system may be "touchy" or whatever but the fact of the matter is that no one responds to me despite 30 attempts at contacting them except Helen when I'm trying to get money back. When I'm sending them money I get hounded by several calls and emails a day by their rude sales associate Israel. That's a poor way to run a company and problems with a bank do not excuse not responding to a customer wanting to know where their $27K is.

Upvote 0
natureshots said:
The site administrator has prevented me from continuing to post on the Adorama thread.

To me, this is the heart of the issue.

That thread is locked -- no one can post. The "administrator" has not taken some action against you personally.

While I can be sorry you may be having difficulty reclaiming a lost $27K, the world does not revolve around you. I've read a lot of threads on this site over the years, but I don't recall coming across anyone who can assist you, either financially or psychologically.

Upvote 0
Chances are, once your bank sends out a transfer, if that transfer is denied or returned, it takes a certain amount of time for it to clear through your bank. Sometimes there are ways around it. I believe that you aren't getting the help that you hope for due to your attitude. Call your bank. Be calm courteous and nice when speaking to them. Ask them how you can rush the refund back to your account. There may be some way for adorama to send them some type of written note or something stating that they did not collect the funds, which will expedite the process(on your BANKS end) of getting your money back to you

Upvote 0
distant.star said:
natureshots said:
The site administrator has prevented me from continuing to post on the Adorama thread.

To me, this is the heart of the issue.

That thread is locked -- no one can post. The "administrator" has not taken some action against you personally.

While I can be sorry you may be having difficulty reclaiming a lost $27K, the world does not revolve around you. I've read a lot of threads on this site over the years, but I don't recall coming across anyone who can assist you, either financially or psychologically.

If the administrator locks a thread, I can no longer post in the thread. I fail to see where you read some sort of paranoia in that but if you want to go there:

The thread was locked with the three final posts being that from Helen Oster. What does that imply? How many other threads are locked on this site? As a reasonable non-paranoid person what does that tell you that happened here? It's not a conspiracy against anyone, merely people protecting their interests. I don't think the world revolves around me. I expect reciprocity: If I quickly prove to a company that I sent them a large sum of money they should quickly be able to prove that they sent it back. If a company does not reciprocate despite numerous phone calls there is a problem with the company. The internet is a forum for people to publicize their own experiences in viewpoints.

I am posting here not because I think the world revolves around me I am doing it for 2 reasons:

1. People should know what policies and practices the companies they do business with have. If they don't like the policies and practices they should find another business.

2. Posting here is the only way I get any traction with the company. Otherwise I am just some jerk who they can ignore.

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
I just don't like the way you bash Adorama, as it's clearly not their fault. You would do much better to grime about the US banking system which lags 10+ years behind compared to rest of the world.

Repeated calling Adorama is not going to get you the money back. Calling your bank will help much more.
The bank just received the transfer. Like I said many times, I have called my bank many times checking for the return. It finally came back. I just hope that no one else has to go through this whether Adorama addresses the issues with responding to customers about high value wire transactions or through people shopping elsewhere. It was the sales associates advice that led me to do the transfer and if they are recommending this as a way of doing business they should have some ways of dealing with this issue effectively. Not responding to people who are legitimately worried about large sums of money is not a good business practice.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
natureshots said:
tpatana said:
I just don't like the way you bash Adorama, as it's clearly not their fault. You would do much better to grime about the US banking system which lags 10+ years behind compared to rest of the world.

Repeated calling Adorama is not going to get you the money back. Calling your bank will help much more.
The bank just received the transfer. Like I said many times, I have called my bank many times checking for the return. It finally came back. I just hope that no one else has to go through this whether Adorama addresses the issues with responding to customers about high value wire transactions or through people shopping elsewhere. It was the sales associates advice that led me to do the transfer and if they are recommending this as a way of doing business they should have some ways of dealing with this issue effectively. Not responding to people who are legitimately worried about large sums of money is not a good business practice.

Consider this for a moment:

If the money never went to Adorama due to the address missing there, why would you say it's Adorama's fault? If the money is in the banking system, why would you call Adorama to get it back?

I understand that such amount of money temporarily misplaced is huge, I'm sure I would be crying in the bathroom instead of writing at this forum. But blaming Adorama is not going to do any good if you can't prove it's their fault. Everything you've told point to the banking system, at least in my opinion.

Upvote 0
you seem to not want to acknowledge that adorama is not culpable in this matter. in fact i think them refusing the wire transfer gives me peace of mind that they are dilligent in their practices against fraud.

i'm not suggesting that your attempted purchase was fraudulent, but in all my online transactions i have had to have the address associated with my bank account match the address that i am receiving the bill. its a security measure that i appreciate as a consumer. no address associated with a wire transfer that large would send up red flags immediately in my mind. they did the right thing in the grand scheme of things.

that being said...does this continue to be an appropriate thread for this forum? i'm not so sure.

you need to stop wasting your efforts on Adorama and Helen and put all your efforts into hammering your bank.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
tpatana said:

+1

Upvote 0
natureshots said:
tpatana said:

I'm glad you finally got your money back. I'd still like to know the name of that bank so I don't open an account there. Sounds like a very unpleasant experience you had, but I think the delay was due to your bank's practices. It was unfortunate that miscommunication/screwups messed up your transaction. Many scams are run using bank transfers since if you accept a scam transfer, the bank loses nothing and your lose it all!

Quote from: Helen Oster on June 09, 2013, 05:32:52 AM

So Helen said on June 9 (a Sunday) that your bank told her you would get your money in your account on June 10. So it was one day later (today) on June 11.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.