Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
serendipidy said:
tpatana said:
serendipidy said:
My interpretation...

Wire transfer goes into Adorama account holding area. Later, a human being looks at it and for whatever reason (suspicious due to no address...or maybe they just hate money or don't like customers from your state) decides to not accept to deposit it, maybe even after input from a supervisor (ie refuses it). Then, that human being or even another person, starts the process to wire it back to your bank. This maybe takes a day or 2 or 3. When you call (angry worried upset etc), you talk to someone who doesn't have all the correct facts or doesn't explain it well to you.

Perhaps not the greatest customer service to you since they certainly didn't have answers that made you comfortable or happy. Sometimes stating something that is not correct is not lying (I see this all the time and it is usually due to ignorance).

Being one state away, I might have gotten a cashiers check and taken a one day trip to NYC.

+1

I wouldn't personally trust any bank to wire 20k+. I'd much rather go withdraw the money in non-sequential un-marked $20 bills, and go shop personally at Adorama. Think how many people would post your picture at various places as you open the brief case at the cashier and hand over sh**load of money. Your 15 minutes of fame.

LOL...I tried that once with a briefcase full of Monopoly money. My fame only lasted 15 seconds till they caught on ;D

edit-$27,000 in $20 would be 1,350 bills; hence the cashier's check for safety and convenience

I did that once with "Canadian Tire money".... I bought a $350 bicycle....

For all you non-Canadians.... Canadian Tire is a local hardware chain and they have a rewards program that consists of "Canadian Tire Money" that comes in denominations like $0.03, $0.05, $0.10..... so $350 worh of Canadian Tire Money would be a pile similar in size to about $250,000 of real money. The cashier was NOT amused.....

Upvote 0
eml58 said:
That's fine, but you quoted the wrong person, I didn't have the issue.

What I hope I did was Post some Positive suggestions for the Op to resolve this sort of issue for the future, one could assume that is why CR exists.

And your last line is Facetious and un called for, The Op wanted Help, I don't personally see too much difference between his Issue, and an issue he may have Posted regards his Camera falling in Half, People on CR would have attempted to provide some form of advice to assist, mostly, or, they would have your own attitude, not my Problem, take it somewhere else.

At no Point in this Thread, or the Previous Thread regarding the same issue did I or to my knowledge anyone else, call CR into disrepute or point blame at CR, in anyway, at all, full stop.

The Question I asked was it was strange to let the Original Thread proceed then shut it down once the Adorama Representative had the last say, a Representative I might add that would seem to have put some serious effort into solving the Ops issue, and possibly was instrumental in the resolution, so without the Op Posting here, it's possible the situation may not have been resolved so satisfactorily, so CR should be taking a Bow for providing the Means for this resolution, not Posting one liners such as "Just blame everyone, and your issue will be solved"

Quite Honestly your attitude & response in this instance disappoints me, but I'll get over it.

Interesting. I read and re-read the OP's comments and never did I get the feeling that he wanted help. Personally, I think the thread should have been shut down sooner.

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
eml58 said:
That's fine, but you quoted the wrong person, I didn't have the issue.

Your post was quoted in its entirety just as posted - READ IT!!

Quite Honestly your attitude & response in this instance disappoints me, but I'll get over it.

Sorry if you were offended, I get tired of inane posts repeating the same thing over and over not willing to have the bank trace the transaction because they will charge him! That's a issue between him and his (unknown) bank.

No one removed any of his posts, it was not productive to continue, and is still not productive, but I let it continue because there is interest by the members. I am a CR Assistant Admin, and I do not get paid, nor do I have any income from advertising, but I do try to keep things from getting out of hand.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
CR Backup Admin said:
No one removed any of his posts, it was not productive to continue, and is still not productive, but I let it continue because there is interest by the members. I am a CR Assistant Admin, and I do not get paid, nor do I have any income from advertising, but I do try to keep things from getting out of hand.

I think it is a good idea to lock this thread right now! ;)

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
eml58 said:
serendipidy said:
All's well that ends well :)

BTW...what's a "Cheque"? ;D

Yea, it's a quandary, spellcheck for USA, or Spellcheck for the rest of the world, tough decision.

But your right, it ended well, could have ended better, but still ended well.

Spellcheque

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
serendipidy said:

Up here in Canada, a "Cheque" is a promissory note, and a "Check" is deliberate bodily contact, as is "Check him into the boards" in a hockey game.... If a large person runs towards you, better hope they intend the former, not the latter...

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
serendipidy said:

Up here in Canada, a "Cheque" is a promissory note, and a "Check" is deliberate bodily contact, as is "Check him into the boards" in a hockey game.... If a large person runs towards you, better hope they intend the former, not the latter...

LOL...well played, sir ;D

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
serendipidy said:
Don Haines said:
serendipidy said:

LOL...well played, sir ;D

My wife don't like when I check the girls at the club. And the only bodily contact is between my face and her palm.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
EOBeav said:
My take-away: Next time I've got $27kUSD burning a hole in my pocket. I will drive to [insert name of favorite large volume retailer here] and pick it up myself.

Same for me.... If I was buying $27,000 worth of gear from a place close by, I'd want to try everything out before I paid for it.... It's just the next state! It's not like up here in Canada where I can get in my car and drive 2000 kilometers on the Trans-Canada Highway and still be in the same province...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.