Industry News: Nikon to make a D6 announcement on September 4, 2019

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like Nikon is gearing up to make some kind of announcement about the coming D6, their flagship DSLR and the direct competitor to the EOS-1D X series.
The latest Nikon D6 specifications from Nikon Rumors:

Adding sensor stabilization delayed the D6 announcement
The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS for example)
Dual CFExpress memory card slots
.76-78x 100% viewfinder
New Expeed dual processors
Better/improved AF than the current D5
Built-in Wi-Fi
3.2 million dot touch screen, with full touch capabilities
Excellent/improved silent shooting modes

Canon and Nikon tend to announce their flagship cameras around the same time. The Nikon D5 was announced on January 6, 2016, while the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II was announced February 1st, 2016.

Continue reading...

Jul 21, 2010
Further confirmation that the DSLR is dead. :rolleyes:

IBIS is a nice addition!

Wave bye-bye to XQD. Presumably the D6 will support XQD, though. What’s nice is that like my 1D X (and unlike most other dual slot cameras including the 1D X II), the D6 will have two identical slots, which is really the way to go for dual-saving images.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I'm enjoying my new mirrorless, but I'd never trust a Sony A9 or A7R iv anywhere close to the rugged awesomeness of a Nikon D6 or Canon 1DX mk ii

Some on Youtube blab that Sony is way ahead, but for a complete dependable package, Nikon and Canon flagship bodies are like fortresses.
A7R IV is not a flagship sports camera.

Upvote 0
I'm enjoying my new mirrorless, but I'd never trust a Sony A9 or A7R iv anywhere close to the rugged awesomeness of a Nikon D6 or Canon 1DX mk ii

Some on Youtube blab that Sony is way ahead, but for a complete dependable package, Nikon and Canon flagship bodies are like fortresses.

Might be a good idea to do a beat up test on you tube. I recall a guy on youtube used to do that. : )

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
CFExpress looks much more like XQD than CF/CFast...
Physically they are same(Type-B) but use different protocols. Xqd is pci-e 2.0 interface with some unknown protocol while CFxpress moves to PCI-e 3.0 interface with NVMe protocol (electrical interface being same betn two many devices are capable of supporting CFxpress via firmware upgrade.). Both CF(IDE) & CFast(Sata) are dead moving forward with introfuction of CFxpress. Since Canon absolutley loves antiquated standards(Micro B connector on 90D with USB 2.0 controller) we can rest assured that replacement for 1Dx Mk 2 will come with atleast 1x CFast or CF slot unlike D6 which is moving away from 2xXQD.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018

Couldn't agree more...

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA

And the incredible Canon pro support that is unique to Canon at their level.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Should be interesting to see the relative directions Nikon and Canon go with their new pro bodies. I can't see myself investing in a 1DX Mark III at this point but who knows. There would have to be some pretty compelling advantages. Those insanely expensive and increasingly obsolete CFAST cards are going to be yet another waste of storage dollars I imagine.

Upvote 0
Further confirmation that the DSLR is dead. :rolleyes:

IBIS is a nice addition!

Wave bye-bye to XQD. Presumably the D6 will support XQD, though. What’s nice is that like my 1D X (and unlike most other dual slot cameras including the 1D X II), the D6 will have two identical slots, which is really the way to go for dual-saving images.
I like being able to write to cheap and readily available SD cards. If Canon and Nikon go to dual internal exotics they should also provide a way to direct write via port to external media. In fact, they should do that regardless.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Should be interesting to see the relative directions Nikon and Canon go with their new pro bodies. I can't see myself investing in a 1DX Mark III at this point but who knows. There would have to be some pretty compelling advantages. Those insanely expensive and increasingly obsolete CFAST cards are going to be yet another waste of storage dollars I imagine.

Could always make the CFast cards as external storage drives for your computer lol. I've thought about doing that with mine.

Upvote 0