Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Then you should have no problem posting side-by-side examples so we can all see the huge difference.
I dont need to convince you nor trying to convert you. I can see the the difference and it was clear to me. That's all. I had both cameras with comparable 24-70 F2.8 glass on both. Also I forgot to mention how much better the AF is. I was tired of out of focus photos... Mainly shooting full body portraits, the focus screen doesn't even reach the top of the frame to focus on a face. On the Sony it goes all the way up. When you or anyone else here has both cameras with comparable lenses for a few weeks to compare, then talk to me. Until then, u know what to do.

Upvote 0
Blending need no motion for perfection. Moon moves. Ocean moves. House not move. No wind, trees still. Then good for blend. Blend not always answer. Try blend Formula 1 car photo when racing: 300kph = 1cm at 1/8000. +2 EV, car move 4cm at 1/2000.
Yeap. Agreed. People don't realize that anything is possible with bracketing multiple exposures and multiple focus stacking and lightroom and photoshop only if the subject is stationary. Sony cameras alleviate the need for so much processing with just one raw file. That's what I like about it.

Upvote 0
I dont need to convince you nor trying to convert you. I can see the the difference and it was clear to me. That's all. I had both cameras with comparable 24-70 F2.8 glass on both. Also I forgot to mention how much better the AF is. I was tired of out of focus photos... Mainly shooting full body portraits, the focus screen doesn't even reach the top of the frame to focus on a face. On the Sony it goes all the way up. When you or anyone else here has both cameras with comparable lenses for a few weeks to compare, then talk to me. Until then, u know what to do.

I think everyone should be glad if you're happy with the decisions you made. But as they say, 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence' - to be blunt, your assertions are indeed, as others have said, hyperbolic, and not supported by independent lines of evidence as to the relative capabilities of Canon and Sony cameras in the situations you describe. As for saying nobody's criticism is valid until they have both cameras to hand, well that's just silly, especially as your claims are merely assertions. My conclusion is either you're trolling, or you're foolish (maybe both).

Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
I dont need to convince you nor trying to convert you.

You posted obviously false claims and hyperbole and you got called out for it. There's nothing wrong with a fantastic claim so long as you can back it up. You can't.

When you or anyone else here has both cameras with comparable lenses for a few weeks to compare, then talk to me. Until then, u know what to do.

I have, so you can stop posturing and appealing to yourself as an expert now.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Blending need no motion for perfection. Moon moves. Ocean moves. House not move. No wind, trees still. Then good for blend. Blend not always answer. Try blend Formula 1 car photo when racing: 300kph = 1cm at 1/8000. +2 EV, car move 4cm at 1/2000.
I never mentioned blending for a moon over ocean image. I said the extra stop of dr on a sony will make no difference in that situation because the dr of the scene is way beyond any possible for a camera to capture. Even a sony.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
I guess there’s just no limit to what you can do with nearly a whole extra one stop of DR. The DRastic DiffeRences are DownRight DRamatic!

I wanted to take a photo of a black hole and a star in the same frame. With Sony I got detail in both! It doesn't matter that light can't escape the black hole, because with Sony SuperDR I was able to push the shadows until they were as bright as the sun.

Canon. Is. Doomed!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Take Real estate interior photos of an apartment with a window in mid day without bracketing or additional lights for example. Take good sunset photos. Take moonlight over the ocean photos. Beach portraits in the shade with just a little flash fill. I couldn't do it with Canon...
You most likely can't do it with Sony either. It certainly wouldn't in my tests.
If you can, please post samples for us.
I shoot mainly architecture in business and have seen a ton of architectural work by people who shoot all sorts of gear from Sony A6000 to Phase One IQ180. None of them can make a 6stop differential in window brightness work with acceptable results in one shot.
Expose for the window and drag up the interior (the important bit the client is paying for) and the dark tones fall to bits. Not how it's done.
Maybe it works for manky RE pics for someone who can't spend more than 40 minutes in a property. But then why not use a phone? They have HDR.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0