Industry News: The upcoming Leica SL2 product images and specs have leaked

hmatthes

EOS-R, RF and EF Lenses of all types.
Using a borrowed SL1 was incredible. With it was a 50mm Summilux 1.4 and the combination was magnificent. But very pricy.
Then I upgraded my FF Canon to the mirrorless R and bought an inexpensive Leica M to Canon RF adapter.
The 50mm Summicron 2.0 with the sensor of the R gives me even better images than the SL1 at ¼ the price.
I'll buy Leica glass but not the bodies (my eyes are too old for rangefinders and the R matches the SL quality).
My motto: glass is forever, bodies are only today's answer.

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
Using a borrowed SL1 was incredible. With it was a 50mm Summilux 1.4 and the combination was magnificent. But very pricy.
Then I upgraded my FF Canon to the mirrorless R and bought an inexpensive Leica M to Canon RF adapter.
The 50mm Summicron 2.0 with the sensor of the R gives me even better images than the SL1 at ¼ the price.
I'll buy Leica glass but not the bodies (my eyes are too old for rangefinders and the R matches the SL quality).
My motto: glass is forever, bodies are only today's answer.
I did the same, but for wide angles (Leica lenses), I use an additional Leica M 240.
Nothing beats the Leica M wide angles, absolutely nothing!
The R is ideal, also for Leica R lenses, easy focusing, great sensor! I love my EOS R :love:

Berowne

... they sparkle still the right Promethean fire.
Jun 7, 2014
My opinion: mechanically the best SLRs ever made, along with the Nikon F2.
Yes and no. The Leicaflex SL has a very nice Viewfinder, pretty bright. But the shutter is known to be a problem. Mine died some years ago and was repaired by Leica Customer Service without fee, they did it obviously only for fun. :)
The Leicaflex SL2 is mechanically really good, some people would prefer the Leic R 6.2. The Nikon FM3a is perhaps the best analog Nikon ever made, absolutely comparable to the Leicas.