Industry News: The upcoming Leica SL2 product images and specs have leaked

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Leica SL has been relatively successful for Leica, and a sequel looks to be coming very soon.
Leica SL2 rumoured specifications:

47mp full-frame sensor
CINE MODE
4K video
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth installed
Compatible with the application “Leica FOTOS”

leica-168x168.jpg

leica_1-168x168.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

hmatthes

EOS-R, RF and EF Lenses of all types.
Using a borrowed SL1 was incredible. With it was a 50mm Summilux 1.4 and the combination was magnificent. But very pricy.
Then I upgraded my FF Canon to the mirrorless R and bought an inexpensive Leica M to Canon RF adapter.
The 50mm Summicron 2.0 with the sensor of the R gives me even better images than the SL1 at ¼ the price.
I'll buy Leica glass but not the bodies (my eyes are too old for rangefinders and the R matches the SL quality).
My motto: glass is forever, bodies are only today's answer.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Using a borrowed SL1 was incredible. With it was a 50mm Summilux 1.4 and the combination was magnificent. But very pricy.
Then I upgraded my FF Canon to the mirrorless R and bought an inexpensive Leica M to Canon RF adapter.
The 50mm Summicron 2.0 with the sensor of the R gives me even better images than the SL1 at ¼ the price.
I'll buy Leica glass but not the bodies (my eyes are too old for rangefinders and the R matches the SL quality).
My motto: glass is forever, bodies are only today's answer.
I did the same, but for wide angles (Leica lenses), I use an additional Leica M 240.
Nothing beats the Leica M wide angles, absolutely nothing!
The R is ideal, also for Leica R lenses, easy focusing, great sensor! I love my EOS R :love:

Upvote 0

Berowne

... they sparkle still the right Promethean fire.
Jun 7, 2014
My opinion: mechanically the best SLRs ever made, along with the Nikon F2.

Yes and no. The Leicaflex SL has a very nice Viewfinder, pretty bright. But the shutter is known to be a problem. Mine died some years ago and was repaired by Leica Customer Service without fee, they did it obviously only for fun. :)
The Leicaflex SL2 is mechanically really good, some people would prefer the Leic R 6.2. The Nikon FM3a is perhaps the best analog Nikon ever made, absolutely comparable to the Leicas.

Upvote 0