Industry News: Zeiss announces the ZX1 full frame camera

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
512 GB is an interesting innovation. I seldom shoot more than 2-3,000 shots in a session so if I could down load and recharge simultaneously that would be great. No need to cards, never buffer out till I have 6800 shoots.

Then again I like to keep my cards as final backup till I get home

crazyrunner33

EOS RP
Nov 4, 2011
isn't lightroom mobile free?
i'm more interested in the other hardware attached to that sensor..it must be some mid-high end smartphone hardware inside with some very light OS that boots really fast and directly starts the camera app inside lightroom..
Lightroom Mobile is free, but you need a CC license to unlock all the features. One set of features that I know is locked is the selection masks.

mirage

EOS RP
Jul 31, 2018
Bet it's very expensive
you bet. It's Zeiss. Second only to Leica when it comes to PREMIUM pricing.

my guess is 5999 USD / 6999 Euro.

might still be worth it, not to use for photography, but as a collectinle item. in just 70-100 years time the remaining 5 units might go for a couple million in auctions. :)

mirage

EOS RP
Jul 31, 2018
I think many are missing the point here, this is the most exciting thing in recent news.
interesting, how perception and preferences are different.

myself i would not even touch with a pole-stick a huge-bodied, absurdly expensive, single focal length camera android smartphone with cell/LTE connection removed, a severly castrated user interface, and running a single app only, which happens to be from Adobe. :eek:o_O

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
Sorry for Zeiss, their camera is certainly excellent, but I'd prefer by far the more versatile Leica Q2!
The Zeiss is far to heavy for a single-lens camera, and will certainly cost a fortune. Maybe real experts like the Kardashians or Justin Bieber will buy a few...;)