Internal Source from Japanese Broadcaster NHK says IOC has a Do-or-Die Date of March 28 for Olympics to Go ahead or Not!

An internal source of mine has friends at NHK (largest Japanese Broadcaster) who has received "An Internal Memo" that on or about March 28, 2020, the IOC will make a final decision as to whether or not to go ahead with the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The internal memo "has indicated" that internal meetings are starting next Tuesday/Wednesday to poll and evaluate the current wishes of the individual Olympic committees in each country so as to get a general consensus as to whether the games are delayed for ONE YEAR (to summer 2021!) or cancelled altogether!

My source does NOT know when a decision will actually be made public after March 28, 2020 but only that a decision based upon the polled multi-country comittees will be fully evaluated by that date and then decided on a HARD YES GO OR NO DELAY or CANCEL basis due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Due to the current Broadcast TV and IOC contracts, a FINAL decision must be announced no later than mid-May, 2020.

The local "buzz" in Japanese broadcast community is that the games will be delayed until 2021 and NOT cancelled altogether! BUT the IOC committee itself wants the games to continue no matter what. If the USA pulls out by a Decree from President Trump, the decision WILL BE BY DEFAULT ALREADY HAVE BEEN MADE FOR the IOC to delay until 2021.

Ooooookay! .... THIS is now getting interesting ....... !!!

Mar 25, 2011
With all sporting events in the US cancelled, the process for selecting Olympic Team members is already uncertain, I'm not sure if many of them will have places to stay in shape with Universities closing and sending students home.

Its been pretty plain that there will be no Olympics this year for 6 weeks, all that is left is to formally issue the obvious proclamation.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
With all sporting events in the US cancelled, the process for selecting Olympic Team members is already uncertain, I'm not sure if many of them will have places to stay in shape with Universities closing and sending students home.

Its been pretty plain that there will be no Olympics this year for 6 weeks, all that is left is to formally issue the obvious proclamation.

===

All the individual committees are ALREADY being polled and results are to be in by the 28th at the latest !!! They may even be fully polled by mid-next week but we shall see!

The BIG KAHUNA BURGER aka 1000 pound Gorilla in the room is the United States Olympic Committee!

My Japanese friend with his NHK source says if the US pulls out, the Olympics ARE CANCELLED PERIOD !!!

The IOC wants the games to go ahead no matter what, but my cousin in Germany who is a major soccer official there has said that Germany wants to postpone!

I got nothing else yet! If I get something juicy, I will post it here!

Upvote 0

I will remember this post when the Olympics are cancelled and I will DEFINITELY be saying I TOLD YOU SO !!!

Right now I would say there is a 30% chance of cancellation of the Olympics and every week until March 28, 2020 is another 10% added !!!
Because of LEGAL contracts with major broadcasters and the host city (Tokyo) the HARD YES/NO CANCEL date is April 15, 2020.

the IOC (International Olympic Committee) LEGALLY MUST GIVE NOTICE of a YES or NO by no later than that date!

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I will remember this post when the Olympics are cancelled and I will DEFINITELY be saying I TOLD YOU SO !!!

Right now I would say there is a 30% chance of cancellation of the Olympics and every week until March 28, 2020 is another 10% added !!!
Because of LEGAL contracts with major broadcasters and the host city (Tokyo) the HARD YES/NO CANCEL date is April 15, 2020.

the IOC (International Olympic Committee) LEGALLY MUST GIVE NOTICE of a YES or NO by no later than that date!

Harry, Olympics will likely (99%) be cancelled, OK? regardless of your fairy tales.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0