iPhone 8-plus is DxO best ever smartphone camera

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
raptor3x said:
Oh DxO, looking at their own subscores it becomes pretty clear that many of the android cameras actually have better image quality but DxO has decided to give a huge advantage for the zoom and pseudo-bokeh features.

Anyone who buys a smartphone because they think the camera has any quality of zoom is delusional. Same goes for bokeh.

On their Bokeh comparison, frankly, on my Smartphone I'd rather lose the bokeh and take the iPhone 8 version, which, at least doesn't look artificial.

The Pixel version is just too weird. There are too many places, like over each of her shoulders, that are in focus, but at the same distance from the subject as other things that are blurred. That isn't bokeh... it's magic wand select + Gaussian blur :D

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
BurningPlatform said:
Finally something to upgrade to from my trusted 5d mk 2. 4k and all!

:)

My 6S is still doing fine, so I'll wait a year or two. Like many of you, I'm not so likely to upgrade a phone because of the camera.

I have shot 4K with the phone, and it is not bad. I used the extra resolution to let me zoom in during editing and produce a good-looking 720p video without any upscaling.

Upvote 0