Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I just ordered the "newer" one....should be here Sunday (I guess Amazon is experiencing delays with all this virus stuff?)......

I'll dive in, as that I believe Sunday is set to be a rainy day here in the NOLA area.....

C
I devoured it in just a few sittings and then later reread it. I think after some time a reread is valuable because it's hard to full comprehend until you start to put it in practice. Well, that's my view as a complete novice starting out a few years ago. Enjoy!

Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
That would mean you throw in random numbers from 3-4? :rolleyes:

Please explain what you mean.

All three RGB values for each pixel in a digital image are interpolated in demosaicing from a single luminance value for each photosite (a/k/a pixel well). Each photosite is filtered by a single color included in the color filter array with colors that do not correspond to the colors we use in our emitting RGB displays. The single luminance values of surrounding photosites filtered for other colors are compared and used to interpolate red, green, and blue values for each pixel in the resulting image. There are no "straight" values for any of the three colors for any photosite in the types of demosaicing algorithms used by cameras used for creative and documentary photography. None.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Unfortunately, it probably is. The REAL Photographers Eye though is this one if you are actually serious about photography.

This is what most folks mean when they say The Photographer's Eye. The "Graphic" version is a simplified version with more illustrations but less text.

Both Freeman and Szarkowski are useful in very different ways.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Hmm....maybe I'll get BOTH!!
;)

It appears for the foreseeable future, I'll have time at home to catch up on some reading!!!

C

Both are excellent resources in different ways. If you bring what you learn from Freeman (or other "texts" on composition, whether written in the context of photography or painting - which considered color in the finished product long before photography did) to the table when you tackle Szarkowski you'll probably get a lot more out the latter than you would if you go straight to Szarkowski.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Thank you Jack,

I saw that one too....from what I could tell, it seems the one I linked to is an updated version of the one you linked to.

C

Not updated. Three different approaches. The newest one is much smaller and concentrates on analyzing historically significant photos. The one you first cited is mostly graphic, has less text and is not as comprehensive as the original. It's more of a companion to the original with more examples of various parts of it. The original is a systematic approach to composition in photography.

Last edited:
Upvote 0