Is a Canon RF 24-70mm f/2 launching with the EOS R?

Mar 26, 2014
I'm hoping that rumor for the 1 SD card slot is wrong. The Nikon Z6 and Z7 are getting a good deal of bashing for missing a second card slot. Sony realized this was a shortcoming on the A7 and A7 II and added a second card slot on the A7 III. Hopefully Canon learned from Sony's mistake for that feature.

I hope for two UHS-II , but suspect Canon will have only one memory slot as

1) Canon puts 2 memory slots in pro cameras only. Canon might want to play safe, and not want to label its first FF MILC as ready for pro use.

2) Nikon didn't, even though it puts 2 memory slots in lower end models.

Upvote 0

Sibir Lupus

EOS M6 Mark II + EOS M200
Feb 4, 2015
I hope for two UHS-II , but suspect Canon will have only one memory slot as

1) Canon puts 2 memory slots in pro cameras only. Canon might want to play safe, and not want to label its first FF MILC as ready for pro use.

2) Nikon didn't, even though it puts 2 memory slots in lower end models.

Makes sense, but both Nikon and Canon needed to come out swinging a with baseball bat the size of the moon in regards to entering the FF mirrorless market. And from what we're seeing with the Z6 & Z7, they came out swinging with a 1 foot bat XD.

Upvote 0

Sibir Lupus

EOS M6 Mark II + EOS M200
Feb 4, 2015
My belief, is that Sony set the standard of what a $2k camera (should) be goin into 2019. Adequate resolution(s) for photo AND Video, Memory redundancy (multiple card slots), and for the video, Autofocus improvements and LOG in some shape or form. All should be in the form of Benefits to the user and not just Feature clout for the Brand, model, etc.

Agreed, Nikon and Canon need to meet that standard that Sony has set if they are going to have a good chance at getting a good footing in the FF mirrorless market. Though so far, it doesn't look like the Z6 & Z7 are meeting those standards.

Upvote 0