Is a native EF mount coming to a Canon full frame mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Jul 21, 2010
Canon does, but there are a number of third party lenses that will mount on a FF camera....
But that’s not what he stated...
EF-S lenses can be mounted on EF cameras.
Unless I’ve missed the launch of third party EF-S lenses?

Nor do 3rd party lenses really have a bearing on what mount Canon will use on a future FF MILC. But I can guarantee that if that mount has a flange focal distance shorter than the EF mount, EF lenses will not natively mount on it.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Does that 'most people' include you too? Cos you called my Mother a liar which was quite unfriendly and made your point worthless.

I’m quite able to admit when I am wrong. Still, perhaps I shouldn’t have said she lied. Maybe she was honestly wrong, or more likely, she just wanted you to feel good about yourself. Why don’t you run to your Mommy and tell her that people on the internet are being mean to you. She can give you a nice hug and some milk and cookies and make you all better, mmmkay?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I'm pretty sensitive about this, cos she died as I mentioned before. I hope you enjoyed dancing on her grave. Shame on you idiot.
Apparently so sensitive that you can joke about her.
And I am a genius. According to my Mommy....:D
I’m sorry for your loss, but personally I think what you’re really sensitive about here is having your argument shown to be asinine.

Upvote 0
Apparently so sensitive that you can joke about her.
People may think that you read what I wrote, but actually you didn't. I mentioned that I was joking. And yes, I can joke about her. And no, you can't. And finish this here.
I’m sorry for your loss, but personally I think what you’re really sensitive about here is having your argument shown to be asinine.
Asinine? Can we switch back to normal, polite language? No need for nukes, we ain't enemies.
Yeah, I may be wrong. Nobody, except a very few knows what Canon will bring out. One thing is sure; it will fit into their existing system, and might be tempting for those who still like to hear the mirror slapping...:) I actually do. How about you?

Upvote 0
Oh, I like the sound of a mirror for sure. I think many people do, which is why even smartphones make a fake electronic shutter sound when used to take a picture.

Anti Perv prevention. To stop up skirting there was a big push to require cell phones to make a clicking noise.

I do not know if they were able to get any laws enacted but there was a big push.
The Camera Phone Predator Alert Act. This was back in 2009.

Perverts ruin it for everyone.
I find the clicking noise annoying in general.

On the iPhone mine doesn't make a click if I am sending a message but I have found no way to disable the click if I just want a picture. I guess Apple doesn't think a perv would text a picture to someone.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
On the iPhone mine doesn't make a click if I am sending a message but I have found no way to disable the click if I just want a picture. I guess Apple doesn't think a perv would text a picture to someone.
Just setting it to Silent (switch on the side) eliminates the fake shutter sound, at least for me.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Anti Perv prevention. To stop up skirting there was a big push to require cell phones to make a clicking noise.

I do not know if they were able to get any laws enacted but there was a big push.
The Camera Phone Predator Alert Act. This was back in 2009.

Perverts ruin it for everyone.
I find the clicking noise annoying in general.

And I thought it was the fresh red snapper making that noise. ;)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
EF-S lenses can be mounted on EF cameras.

Strictly speaking, CANON EF-S lenses can not be mounted on a FF camera as there is an obstruction in the mount, but there are a number of third party EF-S comparable lenses that do not have this obstruction and can be used of a FF Canon camera, although it does involve vignetting problems. As long as there is no protrusion into the body, the mirror will clear the back of the lens

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
In the past, Canon released EF lenses into the market. Then Canon killed all 42mm flange focal length lenses, R/FL/FD and FDn completed. All professional photographers had to sell their priceless lenses and pulled extra money from their pockets to purchase EF lenses for EOS cameras. There were very angry photographers at that time.
Then Canon provided a special kit, 1.26x four elements adapters to allow work with ONLY to long telephoto lenses. It remains incompatible with a fisheye to short telephoto. The kit sold from Canon only not through any retail stores. It was short-lived because the pictures degraded by the kit.
Now, Canon repeated the same behavior with new RF lenses. Now, Canon will kill all EF lenses and force everyone to use RF lenses someday.
The problem with Canon was greedy and made a windfall profit from victims. Kudos to Nikon for effort compatible with their F lenses.
I do not trust Canon for their manipulate the schemes as they did in 1989 incident. The best way for everyone not to buy any Canon mirrorless cameras and RF lenses until Canon realize this situation and will correct themselves remain with EF and find a way to make compatible with FD or previous lenses.

Upvote 0
In the past, Canon released EF lenses into the market. Then Canon killed all 42mm flange focal length lenses, R/FL/FD and FDn completed. All professional photographers had to sell their priceless lenses and pulled extra money from their pockets to purchase EF lenses for EOS cameras. There were very angry photographers at that time.
Then Canon provided a special kit, 1.26x four elements adapters to allow work with ONLY to long telephoto lenses. It remains incompatible with a fisheye to short telephoto. The kit sold from Canon only not through any retail stores. It was short-lived because the pictures degraded by the kit.
Now, Canon repeated the same behavior with new RF lenses. Now, Canon will kill all EF lenses and force everyone to use RF lenses someday.
The problem with Canon was greedy and made a windfall profit from victims. Kudos to Nikon for effort compatible with their F lenses.
I do not trust Canon for their manipulate the schemes as they did in 1989 incident. The best way for everyone not to buy any Canon mirrorless cameras and RF lenses until Canon realize this situation and will correct themselves remain with EF and find a way to make compatible with FD or previous lenses.

EVIL CANON!!!!
We should sell all our Canon gear and boycott them immediately!!!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
The best way for everyone not to buy any Canon mirrorless cameras and RF lenses until Canon realize this situation and will correct themselves remain with EF and find a way to make compatible with FD or previous lenses.
I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting for that to happen, but if you really want to...go ahead.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Actually, there are adapters available that do not use glass and allow infinity focusing on many of the better quality FL & FD lenses. Long Time CR user Ed Mika manufacturers and sells them.

https://edmika.com/

Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
Upvote 0