Is an RF 100-500mm lens on the way? [CR2]

Dec 31, 2018
I'm starting to suspect the "unheard of!!!!" part of that macro lens is that it won't do macro ;)
Thats why they release RF converters too :)
It may be imposible make 100-400mm 1:2 without focus breathing so they made 100-500mm . Without 1:2 even canon cant name it macro.
100-500mm 1:2 macro is just on verge what can be done with new 2 focus motor tech !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you already have a 200-400 available for you with a 1.4x, a 500/4 and 600/4 if your money is burning a whole in your pocket, go buy that.

Canon has NOTHING in the 500mm 5.6 or 6.3 range in either EF or RF, where the competition has plenty to offer. Many are waiting for that lens. More so than you. You cope wit that.

:LOL: ...Mark -- buddy...take a few deep breathes and try to calm down. You seem upset, and it's brought the inner child out of you.
You do know Canon product strategy isn't determined by what a single user types on a rumor forum don't you?
I mean, you do know nothing I or you say is going to bring you the lens you want don't you?
Anyway, listen I hope you get your 100-500 f/5.6 or 6.3 or whatever else your little heart desires. You deserve it big buy! :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
Oh, you must be wrong! They listened to me and brought out the 400 DO II. I forgot to ask for it to zoom too, unfortunately.

Jack
It will be interesting to see if Canon uses DO more extensively for long RF lenses to keep the size and weight down. The 400 DO II has very good IQ even with a TC.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
It will be interesting to see if Canon uses DO more extensively for long RF lenses to keep the size and weight down. The 400 DO II has very good IQ even with a TC.
Lots are waiting on more DO's. I've enjoyed it but wish it had closer focus for bugs and some blind situations. Of course I have extension tubes but ...

Jack

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2016
:LOL: ...Mark -- buddy...take a few deep breathes and try to calm down. You seem upset, and it's brought the inner child out of you.
You do know Canon product strategy isn't determined by what a single user types on a rumor forum don't you?
I mean, you do know nothing I or you say is going to bring you the lens you want don't you?
Anyway, listen I hope you get your 100-500 f/5.6 or 6.3 or whatever else your little heart desires. You deserve it big buy! :LOL:

I'm fine, I dont need your help, youre the one replying to all users on here with sarcastic remarks so I suggest you take a few deep breaths and show some respect.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Once again, this rumor must be true and I can prove it with a highly regarded scientific method.

I just purchased the 100-400 Mk ii + 1.4 extender.
Yes, that method works for me too. Just got the 100-400 MkI when the II appeared. Just got the EF-S10-22 when the 10-18 appeared (but I think the 10-22 is good). But I'd say the 100-400 II is my best lens currently, had it a while now. Good results with the 1.4X but little use for BIF and shadowed areas as AF too slow, so don't often use it.

Upvote 0