Is anyone using 1D series for street photography?

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I do.

However, my "street photography" is usually at street fairs and festivals where there is a lot going on. I will usually use a 24-70 2.8 II.

I try to be stealthy, and nonchalant, and do so rather well. If I see someone that is particularly interesting, I may approach and ask permission to photograph him/her while he goes about his business.

So I agree, go with what you got.

Scott

Upvote 0
yungfat said:
I usually use my 6D + 40mm pancake for street photography, may try to use 28mm more in future for different kinds of street shoot.
If by 28mm you mean the Canon 28mm pancake. That is an EF-S lens for APSC bodies.
I used to have the 40, and wanted to get the 28 as well, but that tiny detail got in the way.

Upvote 0
I always use my good old 1D mark ii (my daughters have nicknamed it "la Bête" because of it's size and the roar it emits when it takes pictures).

It's big and loud, incredibly fast with it's 8,5 pictures per second, witch make it even more audible.
I'm also not particularly small myself, and I seldom go unnoticed, for some unknown reason.

Even with all this, people don't seem to mind me taking photographs, they just go about their business. When I'm uncertain, I simply talk to them and everything becomes fine almost always.

Upvote 0