Is the EOS 7DII being discontinued?

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
B&H is showing it in stock as of Tuesday evening. Be sure to check for the Body only with WE-1 WiFi Adapter. The Body only without WE-1 has been discontinued for well over a year, maybe two.
Good catch. I forgot about the WE-1 issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The Canon R has a 1:6 crop thing built in, bit like the 5DS etc. So if a non black out R5 or R6 etc. with wildlife speed and whatever comes out and maintains this crop 1:6 it may work okay. I have a Canon 7D II (love it to bits using 100-400 II and 300f2.8 with 1.4III ext.) I use the Zoom for travel overseas and the Prime out the car window using the sill for a steadier. Do mostly birds. My Canon R is kind of okay with these lenses, but not great for birds. Lag time and black out and the head of subject hard to get sharp, whereas the 7D II spot on 90% of the time.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
The Canon R has a 1:6 crop thing built in, bit like the 5DS etc. So if a non black out R5 or R6 etc. with wildlife speed and whatever comes out and maintains this crop 1:6 it may work okay. I have a Canon 7D II (love it to bits using 100-400 II and 300f2.8 with 1.4III ext.) I use the Zoom for travel overseas and the Prime out the car window using the sill for a steadier. Do mostly birds. My Canon R is kind of okay with these lenses, but not great for birds. Lag time and black out and the head of subject hard to get sharp, whereas the 7D II spot on 90% of the time.
An R5 would be fine for wildlife photography but not as a 7d2 replacement as it will be twice the price. The 7d2 was such a brilliant camera because of it combination of build quality, stills capability and price.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Is Canon going to kill the EOS-M line?
Of course they will....

Why bother to hold onto a line which outsells the R cameras?

Seriously though..... it is the Rebel line that I expect to eventually disappear, being replaced by the equivalent M bodies....

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Of course they will....

Why bother to hold onto a line which outsells the R cameras?

Seriously though..... it is the Rebel line that I expect to eventually disappear, being replaced by the equivalent M bodies....

Though they might bring the name Rebel over to the EOS-Ms. You'll see Rebel TM3 or something like that, plus its real model name.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014

Of course. I expect the 90D, 850D, and a new xxxxD camera to stay around for at least 2-3 years. My guess is the 60Da will be replaced by an EOS-M with the new 32.5MP sensor.

Upvote 0