is this considered wildlife?

kodakrome

EOS RP
Oct 25, 2015
I took this in December, while walking with my wife on the beach. I don't bring my big camera to the beach, but I did have a powershot in my pocket.
My crabby friend welcomes you to the shore.

Attachments

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Kodakrome.
Nice shot, interesting colouration of the claws!
Was it wild? I assume yes!
Was it alive? Again assume yes!
Wild and signs of life= wildlife! :eek: ;D

Cheers, Graham.

Mikehit

EOS 5D MK IV
Jul 28, 2015
kodakrome said:
I took this in December, while walking with my wife on the beach. I don't bring my big camera to the beach, but I did have a powershot in my pocket.
If he is a very private crab and you scared of his next meal, I would say " WILD???? I was bloody furious!"

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
kodakrome said:
Hi kodakrome,

Wildlife traditionally refers to undomesticated animal species.

I assume this crab is undomesticated....So yes, it's wildlife. :D

Nice shot! :)

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
kodakrome said:
Definitely wildlife....

The domesticated ones wear pants......

Attachments

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
One day I was looking for domesticated crabs on the beach (with pants off course ;)) and didn't find any!
But there was a lot of wildlife there...
8)

Attachments

old-pr-pix

EOS RP
Dec 26, 2011
Kodakrome - Great fun shot; but wait... didn't you see the other thread on the 4000D? It was determined that powershots - especially superzoom versions - are unacceptable. You shouldn't carry one! You are supposed to use either your smartphone or SL-2 with telephoto lens! ;) ;) ;)

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
kodakrome said:
Nice shot!
Looks like a difficult lighting situation with a small camera.
It may not be grand like a lioness on a kill, but it is wildlife. Small counts. You have to grab what you can, where you can.

Scott

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Sanj.
You could be right, but this is a very subjective thing, I think the ideal would be somewhere around 2/3 of the way to yours, ie 1/3 lighter than yours! Again purely subjective no absolutely correct answer! :)
Perhaps the shot owner was intending to show the scene as it looked to their eyes?

Cheers, Graham.

sanj said:
Bit overexposed. No? "Friendly"