Is This The Canon EOS M5 Pricing? [CR1]

Crosswind

The bigger your Canon, the smaller your Cannon :)
Feb 2, 2015
Austria
Photophile said:
I notice that in all of the discussions of the upcoming M5 no one seems to ask whether Canon will try a system without an anti-aliasing filter.

Don't the dslr's that do not use an aa filter generate sharper images?

I wish that Canon would introduce more cameras with a low pass cancellation filter like in the EOS 5DSR. Besides that, Canon still doesn't have any fullframe option with a tilting or articulating screen. Too bad.

I think the 6D II will shake things up in this regard. And maybe the EOS M fullframe some day.
The EOS M5 seems to be a pretty pretty good camera (and will surely sell very good), but will be no real breaktrough for Canon, because it is still APS-C.

I don't know if we ever get to see a mirrorless fullframe from Canon, but I'm hoping for that. Would certainly be my dream cam. I could jump ship over to Sony for example. Their mirrorless fullframe options are really good ones. But I wont ever do that step, because it would be too complicated for me, and because I have faith in Canon... and probably because I'd miss some great Canon lenses. And adapted Canon lenses on Sony bodies do not work very well.

For now, the EOS M5 seems to be the closest thing to my dream cam. So,... I probably will buy it, regardless of sensor size. It really only depends on the price. I don't think that it'd be worth over a 1000 bucks for me (body only).

Upvote 0
b&h shows a pre-order price, body only, of $979
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1281373-REG/canon_1279c001aa_eos_m5_mirrorless_digital.html

presently, I have both the m3 & x-t1. leaning towards the x-t2.

m5 looks a bit foreign and strange. probably just me - as I spent a late hour reviewing today's youtube announcement vids. lotsa hype, but...

Upvote 0

CaMeRa QuEsT

EOS M5 11-22/4-5.6 22/2 50/1.8 STM+EF-EOSM 270EXII
Sep 12, 2016
beagle said:
CaMeRa QuEsT said:
Admin, you realize the OP in mobile1.com is talking about a recurring dream of his, then somebody asks him what price will be in Taiwan, he then eats dinner and goes to sleep again and dreamed a body only price of NT$29,999 (roughly $950), then he posts that a wise spirit has told him that the 2017 M6 will have a FF 28MP sensor capable of shooting 4K and its AF capability will be on a par with the 90D's, it will couple EF lenses and the price will be NT$80,000 (roughly $2,500)... long story short: he's just spilling BS and we are all wasting our time typing about his BS. Yes, I read Chinese pretty well, thank you.

First, this is a hearsay of CR1 at this moment. So this info is likely off.

But let me try clarifying some "web habits" in Taiwan (yes, I'm a Taiwanese).

Whenever there is some interesting info coming up, guys who reveals this info love to say "Oh, I just dreamed of it". Maybe that's their way to avoid further pressure coming from the product company or even lawsuits. But you can just sense the eagerness of those guys sharing the info to the forum pals.

Believe or not, many of those "dream sources" later turned out to be real.

To me, this info is a bit too detailed to be fake.

Like I said, BS, but then dreaming is cheap...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=canon+m5&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&typedValue=&Top+Nav-Search=

Upvote 0
ggweci said:
Canadian pricing as follows:

M5 body - $1250
15-45 kit - $1400
18-150 kit - $1700

More than I had hoped, but given the current FEX rate, it's fair vs USD pricing.

Reference: http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/en/newsroom/method/getPress/pid/2296

Where did you get $1700 for the 18-150 kit? With current exchange rates plus the very small 5% tax in Alberta your looking at a price tag just over $2000.... .
In a province with higher tax it'll be much closer to a $2300 price tag.

Upvote 0
PHOTOPROROCKIES said:
ggweci said:

M5 body - $1250
15-45 kit - $1400
18-150 kit - $1700

More than I had hoped, but given the current FEX rate, it's fair vs USD pricing.

Where did you get $1700 for the 18-150 kit? With current exchange rates plus the very small 5% tax in Alberta your looking at a price tag just over $2000.... .

It's in the link I provided ;)

Upvote 0
Haydn1971 said:
UK Prices just in - from Jessops

£1049 - M5 Body only
£1149 - M5 + 15-45mm
£1399 - M5 + 18-150mm
£429 - 18-150mm only

£499 - 70-300 MkII

That's a, me sticking with my M1 and b, wow, look at that post Brexit exchange rates !

Now even middle Europe people are ripped off the same way as you, British folks. Too bad for Canon. Going to buy another lens for Nikon instead. :-(

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
crashpc said:
Haydn1971 said:
UK Prices just in - from Jessops

£1049 - M5 Body only
£1149 - M5 + 15-45mm
£1399 - M5 + 18-150mm
£429 - 18-150mm only

£499 - 70-300 MkII

That's a, me sticking with my M1 and b, wow, look at that post Brexit exchange rates !

Now even middle Europe people are ripped off the same way as you, British folks. Too bad for Canon. Going to buy another lens for Nikon instead. :-(

I don't think it is true to say "ripped off" I think the fact is it is reflecting the Japanese business view of the possible instability of doing business in the UK and Europe. The majority of the instability hasn't happened yet but they believe it will happen and they are hedging their bets against it. If Europe doesn't change it is going to have great issues, if Europe does change it is going to have great issues, this all adds up to unpredictability and instability, conservative Japanese companies will go to wider lengths than many to hedge against that, don't forget there is pressure on the UK to enact Article 50 early in the New Year and that is going to open lots of cans of worms. Canon have been very outspoken about their disappointment at the leave vote and concern for Europe as a whole.

Of course you can always negate a lot of this stuff, just order via Digital Rev or the like from HK etc.

Upvote 0
ggweci said:
PHOTOPROROCKIES said:
ggweci said:

M5 body - $1250
15-45 kit - $1400
18-150 kit - $1700

It's in the link I provided ;)

I seen that, I'm hoping that its an accurate price cause it'll be much easier to sell them at that price.

Upvote 0