Is This the EOS 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2n10

CR Pro
Aug 25, 2012
Sparks, NV
unfocused said:
I recall a similar thread a few years back. Went nowhere.

If a camera is in development or testing, they aren't going to slap a strap on it that broadcasts the model number.

It's a slow day at Rumor Central. Can't blame CR Guy for throwing a little chum into the waters to see if he can stir up some page views. But, no reason to swallow this one. Move along. Nothing to see here.

On the other hand – anybody recognize the other camera in his hand.

Thanks Officer Clancy, I will move along. ;D

Upvote 0
lholmes549 said:
...but if they were trying to keep it secret then why would they make a strap for it instead of just a standard canon one?

Another question to ask: why did they blur the camera but not the strap??

I think the answer is that they were intentionally leaking the camera.
The Sony A99 was leaked this way - by first leaking a photo of its strap.

I vote that the 2D/3D is real and that this is an intentional leak 8).
We are likely (very?) close to announcement.

Upvote 0
bchernicoff said:
Dylan777 said:
Dam it...I just ordered a 5D III as my 2nd body :'(

A 3D will be much better ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why would you post your receipt here? Are you trying to brag about having two 5D Mk III's? I don't get it.

He's been contemplating what to do in the forums for a while, now he's made a decision. I highly doubt he's trying to rub anyone's face in it or brag; he's just excited. Don't you get excited when you get something new?

Congratulations on your 5D3 Dylan, I hope to pick up a second one as well, but I've got a lot of glass to catch up on first.

Upvote 0
bchernicoff said:
Dylan777 said:

Why would you post your receipt here? Are you trying to brag about having two 5D Mk III's? I don't get it.

Im not sure I can answer that question, but I'd guess the answer is along the same lines as to why someone would list 3 lines of top-end gear in their signature...

(excited about gear in a forum about gear, maybe?)

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
bvukich said:
bchernicoff said:
Dylan777 said:

He's been contemplating what to do in the forums for a while, now he's made a decision. I highly doubt he's trying to rub anyone's face in it or brag; he's just excited. Don't you get excited when you get something new?

Congratulations on your 5D3 Dylan, I hope to pick up a second one as well, but I've got a lot of glass to catch up on first.

Thanks bvukich...feel like a kid in the candy shop everytimes ;)

Upvote 0
bchernicoff said:

I would imagine for the same reason you have your entire inventory listed in your signature: To feel like more of a man.

Erm... wait, no that's not it... he's probably just excited and wanted to let other people know what he owns, much like your signature. Congrats Dylan, I hope to pick up a second 5D3 someday soon (Actually my wife does, she's stuck with the 7D when we shoot weddings together =)

Upvote 0
roadrunner said:
bchernicoff said:

I would imagine for the same reason you have your entire inventory listed in your signature: To feel like more of a man.

Erm... wait, no that's not it... he's probably just excited and wanted to let other people know what he owns, much like your signature. Congrats Dylan, I hope to pick up a second 5D3 someday soon (Actually my wife does, she's stuck with the 7D when we shoot weddings together =)

Burn.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
If it is a 2D/3D which is hard to discern due to the visible info on the strap is it at least a non 1D line body. But they'd better give it a three, price tag will still be high this way. 5Diii 3,5k so if this one is a "3", they might ask at least 4.5 k USD for it. Anyone correct me please. This way they can hardly beat the D800. At this price they would be fine to present new sensor tech as well... my two cents

Upvote 0
Why do they insist on bundling those stupid straps still? The ones from my 5D2 and 5D3 are still in their boxes, untouched. I just can't use something like that. It feels like some of the money has been wasted.

The last decent strap I got with a brand new Canon was a nice Domke which came with my EOS 1n back in 1996.

It's been on every SLR I've owned since.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
expatinasia said:
Note to self: Get some Canon replica camera straps made asap with 7D Mark II, 2D, 1D Xii, 1D S, 3D and 4D, try to hide them a little then walk taking pictures of myself. Maybe get Nikon to sponsor the shirt, and Sony the second camera ;D 8) . This could be fun.

Lol. Sounds great. Anyone know how/where to order custom straps?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.