Is This the EOS 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2011
roadrunner said:

I would imagine for the same reason you have your entire inventory listed in your signature: To feel like more of a man.

Erm... wait, no that's not it... he's probably just excited and wanted to let other people know what he owns, much like your signature. Congrats Dylan, I hope to pick up a second 5D3 someday soon (Actually my wife does, she's stuck with the 7D when we shoot weddings together =)

Thanks roadrunner

Wish that day will come soon :)

Upvote 0
expatinasia said:
Note to self: Get some Canon replica camera straps made asap with 7D Mark II, 2D, 1D Xii, 1D S, 3D and 4D, try to hide them a little then walk taking pictures of myself. Maybe get Nikon to sponsor the shirt, and Sony the second camera ;D 8) . This could be fun.

That would be awesome. I'll rent a supertele and take pictures of you from far away so they have that "long distance spy shot" compression.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
I think it is a 'HOAX".
1. I do not think Canon will have a "EOS 3D" strap to be used on a real EOS 3D that they do not want to be identified.
2. The edge of the strap looks like "flake fur". Will Canon use such kind of material for the camera strap?
3. The Chinese Text says " picture taken at the end of certain year" . therefore the picture is taken at the end of last year at the latest, may be even earlier.
I think someone is having fun with us

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Dylan777 said:
bchernicoff said:
Dylan777 said:
Dam it...I just ordered a 5D III as my 2nd body :'(

A 3D will be much better ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why would you post your receipt here? Are you trying to brag about having two 5D Mk III's? I don't get it.

I apologize if my sale receipt makes you feel offended

I'm Happy for you Dylan777, Big Decision, Big Expense (For most everyone), Big Excitement, don't see any reason for you to apologise for something that gives you enjoyment such as this, it's a Pity that you were made to feel you needed to. And I love the Images of your Daughter, looks like the perfect Model for 2nd Body 5DMK III Try Out, along with that 85f/1.2 L II.

Upvote 0
lholmes549 said:
Looks like a 3 to me...but if they were trying to keep it secret then why would they make a strap for it instead of just a standard canon one?

+1

And would they really have straps made up already for a 2014 product???? And again, what test camera goes out with a strap advertising itself?

Something isn't adding up.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2012
there are only two possibilities here:

1. a Photoshoped strap ...resulting in a clever joke.

2. Canon intentionally leaked the photo ( see 5D3 photo leaks... the body turned out exactly as in the leaked pictures)

Nobody wears a camera strap out in the public saying:...Hey! I test the newest Canon DSLR prototype.

P.S. Eventually Canon must come with a serious competitor to Nikon D800 regarding studio work.

Upvote 0

Old Shooter

Never met a gadget I didn't like!
Oct 1, 2011
Ontario, California
eml58 said:
Harry Muff said:
Would you pose for a photo while carrying a secret piece of equipment?

Absolutely, I'm completely crap at keeping a secret.

;D ;D ;D eml58, you always make me laugh! I'm surprised you haven't already posted a squirrel wearing a 3D strap...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.