Is This the EOS 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky said:
I think it is a 'HOAX".
1. I do not think Canon will have a "EOS 3D" strap to be used on a real EOS 3D that they do not want to be identified.
Exactly! If it would be a prototype being tested, any manufacturer would obviously not put any name markers on it (and certainly not on the strap).

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
eml58 said:

I'm Happy for you Dylan777, Big Decision, Big Expense (For most everyone), Big Excitement, don't see any reason for you to apologise for something that gives you enjoyment such as this, it's a Pity that you were made to feel you needed to. And I love the Images of your Daughter, looks like the perfect Model for 2nd Body 5DMK III Try Out, along with that 85f/1.2 L II.

Thanks eml58 :)
They are my number #1 reason I got into photography.

Upvote 0
While the strap in this photo is exciting and indicative of Canon's thinking on this essential accessory going forward, the camera itself seems to be the bigger story. It seems the new EOS 3 series is going to be a fuzzy device. Of course a single photo cannot tell us everything, but we can only hope that the exciting new ergonomics associated with having a camera that you not only aim but pet will also have advances internally.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
dilbert said:
while people are pointing out that "why would he openly wear the strap of an unannounced camera", note that he is wearing the strap "upside down", with the lettering turned in. it is only because it is half twisted in this side on view that we can see it.

i.e the strap is being very deliberately worn in a non-traditional manner.

I guess the question is why would Canon make a custom strap for a camera that is not available in the market?

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
sanj said:
This post is not worthy to be on this forum.
It is obviously not a test camera.
CR should be able to piece that together easily!

Five pages of comments and you come up with this??? ;D

The site is Canon "Rumors" after all and they MUST report all rumors however absurd, stupid, silly, bizarre or ludicrous they may be ;)

Upvote 0
Funny. I bought a "1DV" labled strap for my Camera some years ago. When I was shooting at the soccer WCS some persons looked very interrested at ma Cam ;-)
Just take a Mamiya 7 II .....

By the way: When I was on the F1 race in Monaco some weeks ago, I saw an photographer with the 200-400 4.0, using an unknown camera, as old fashioned as these pictures, without an extra eye-finder. A quadratic camera with no esthetic forms. Like self-built. But it was definitively not self built.
I wonder, if another company uses the Canon mount? But wich one?

Upvote 0
xps said:
By the way: When I was on the F1 race in Monaco some weeks ago, I saw an photographer with the 200-400 4.0, using an unknown camera, as old fashioned as these pictures, without an extra eye-finder. A quadratic camera with no esthetic forms. Like self-built. But it was definitively not self built.

IT probably was a video camera of some kind, there are a few that do use the canon mounts even if it is via an adapter, like the black magic that would fit your quadratic no esthetic form that you saw.

As for the camera strap in question, my hunch is that it is a rip off 3D logo-ed strap that you could probably buy in some camera store in shanghai.

Upvote 0
Toronto said:
xps said:

IT probably was a video camera of some kind, there are a few that do use the canon mounts even if it is via an adapter, like the black magic that would fit your quadratic no esthetic form that you saw.

As for the camera strap in question, my hunch is that it is a rip off 3D logo-ed strap that you could probably buy in some camera store in shanghai.

black magic.....Indeed. Looks similar..... ok. I see.... no Alien ...... :'(

Upvote 0
xps said:
Aside from a video camera, it could've been a sound blimp.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
tron said:
Don Haines said:
It's the super-secret 9D..... A camera so secret that it uses the number of a different rumoured camera on it's strap....
So if the camera could speak it would say: My name is D ... 9D ;D
Exactly! and this only helps to illustrate the futility of waiting for announcements on a replacement for the 007D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.