Is This The Man Behind the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Hoax?

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
neuroanatomist said:
AvTvM said:
i will never understand the desire for a dedicated EV +/- dial on top of a camera ..

It's ok that you don't understand. Canon does, and I find the EC dial on top of my M6 quite handy.

Canon did a good job with the EC dial on the M5. It rarely gets accidentally moved unlike the Pen F I had where it spun so easily and was not in a good spot ergonomically. It ruined many a shot.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
AvTvM said:
i will never understand the desire for a dedicated EV +/- dial on top of a camera .. when any decent Canon EOS [with big rear wheel] provides immediate access to exposure comp ... to me a totally unnecessary doubling up of physical control points.

Not to mention other "follies" like those "retro Fuji or Nikon Df style" control layouts with single-purpose dedicated wheels for anything ... instead of digital-age, context-sensitive [Av, Tv, M] front and rear dials + fully user programmable interface. the former made sense ... back in the days of mechanical cameras and film. the latter is a much better UI for digital cameras.

Take a deep breath, and embrace your limitations. It is okay for you to never understand what you don't understand.

Upvote 0