Issues with yongnuo yn-622c flash triggers?

Arthur_Nunes said:
not to say I've never had any issue, when I had just a couple of 622C, they once got crazy and stopped firing when I had to use duracell alkanines on them.

Had to shut'em down for a while and then got some shots before they stop again. I guess there was some voltage/current issues because I always use Ni-Mh batteries and never missed a shot.

obs: the duracells could fire my YN568EXII on full power perfectly with no delayed reclycling so definitely something messes up using some alkalines on 622C

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to say a huge thanks Arthur Nunes for posting this observation!

I was tearing my hair out (which isn't easy, 'cos I'm mostly bald with a very short haircut) over a maddening inconsistency with my YN-622C II transceivers (yes, mark IIs) and my one remaining Canon 430 EXII. It would randomly completely ruin an ETTL shot either by nuking it or by missing sync even with a nice low shutter speed.

After finding this post I swapped the good quality alkalines I had in both YN-622Cs for (partially deplected!) Nimh rechargeables and bingo! Suddenly each shot was correctly exposed and synched.

Upvote 0

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
GammyKnee said:
After finding this post I swapped the good quality alkalines I had in both YN-622Cs for (partially deplected!) Nimh rechargeables and bingo! Suddenly each shot was correctly exposed and synched.
+1
I have had issues with my 622C but changing batteries fixed those. Have always well charged batteries on the transceivers.
Another issue I had was the pc sync with strobes; it loosens up after few shots. I just glued it up and no problem any longer.

Upvote 0
GammyKnee said:
What batteries are you using? My 622Cs won't even turn on when I use Eneloops.

Upvote 0
ninjapeps said:

I've got a mix of NIMH rechargables: Energizers, Duracells, and Amazon Basics, but they're all 1.2v Ni-Mh 2400mAh, and all the low self-discharge type. They all seem to work fine with my transceivers, but I've tried two brands of disposable alkalines (Duracells & superstore's own) and both cause inconsistent output and sync problems. The cheap superstore brand exhibits the problem more often though, as in 2-3 shots out of every 5.

It's really odd because my Yongnuo 560-TX works perfectly with any brand / type of AA I've put in it. Admittedly it has a less demanding job than the 622Cs, but still..

Upvote 0

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
ninjapeps said:
GammyKnee said:

I am using eneloops as well. No problem what so ever, just need to charge them every time before any shoot.
I have been using them for almost 2-3 years now.

https://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-BK3MCCA8BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSN5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476879511&sr=8-2&keywords=eneloop

Upvote 0