I've got into a bit of a rut - Help!

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
Sep 8, 2012
+1 on the club idea. We meet a couple of times a month and discuss technique or composition or PP. Just hanging out with other "crazy" folks of various skill levels is one way to get your internal shutter clicking again.

Another +1 on taking your camera with one lens for a walk. Or pick a silly theme like "doorknobs" or "objects in which I see the letter Q" or "trees that look like people" and see what you begin to see. I guarantee you'll capture quite a few boring images but also a handful that will be really superb.

Don't pressure yourself. This is supposed to be fun (well not always if someone is a pro and must produce images). One of my personal issues is that I am too hard on myself when I review images. Pick any photo that is "pretty good but I could do better" and show it to a friend or family member. Almost always, they see the image as something special on not something in which your leading lines are not working.

CanonFanBoy

EOS 5D SR
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
jdebever said:
For me joining a photoclub helped.
For startes you could join us at photo.net Canon eos forum, and participate in the Thursday picture.
It forces me to post a photo every week.

Jan.
Yes! I just joined the North Texas Photography Club and have enjoyed it. Helps me get out. Very therapeutic. I generally try to avoid people, especially other men. It is a challenge, but one I am trying.