Japanese Sales of the Canon R/RP vs. the Competition

Mar 25, 2011
Are the figures based on number of units or sales in Yen? The link to BCN goes to a member only page. Sales figures in Yen will favor a more expensive camera,.

The link title about selling more than twice the competition is wrong. SAR corrected the title to the article when called out, but not the title of the link.

It will be interesting to see what sales look like over a year rather than picking 2 months where a sale might distort the figures. I said the same thing when the R outsold all the others last fall in a BCN report.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I know I'll get slammed for posting this and the discussion will likely turn heated, but it's still worth discussing...Let's see if anyone can punch holes in this data.

Why would it turn heated? Photography isn't a team sport. I don't make wagers based on monthly sales data. If you like Sony, buy Sony. I prefer Canon. As long as they are sufficiently profitable to keep developing, releasing and manufacturing cameras and lenses that I like, that's all I care about.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011
Why would it turn heated? Photography isn't a team sport. I don't make wagers based on monthly sales data. If you like Sony, buy Sony. I prefer Canon. As long as they are sufficiently profitable to keep developing, releasing and manufacturing cameras and lenses that I like, that's all I care about.

Why would it turn heated? How long have you been on this forum? :) Some people really care about sales data here and use that as a shield against any criticism of their favorite camera company. As for me, I enjoy the discussion, heated or not :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Why would it turn heated? How long have you been on this forum? :) Some people really care about sales data here and use that as a shield against any criticism of their favorite camera company. As for me, I enjoy the discussion, heated or not :)
LOL! Usually market share data are brought up when somebody says, "Canon is doomed." The same folks who say Sony is eating everyone's lunch. Market share figures aren't brought out as shields from the truth, but rather as Sony Fanboi Prophylactics.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0