Jared Polin rates Canon as best 70-200

This video from Jared Polin (FroKnowsPhoto) implies that he thinks Canon's new 70-200 f2.8L iii (which I own) is the best of all brands. He is a Nikon shooter but still thinks this is better than the Nikon which costs 700 more or the Sony which costs 500 more.

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
If this magnificent optical guru-expert likes the EF 70/200 F 2,8, I'll have to buy it, no matter what it costs. I'm happy he didn't prefer the Sony, I'd have to sell all my Canon gear to buy an incredible Sony A 7 something and the G Master 70/200 with its programmed rupture point .

I do find he (Jared) makes an interesting point about Nikon (and Tamron and Sigma) having the zoom and focus rings in a less convenient orientation than Canon. They all have focus ring near camera body and zoom ring near end of lens. Canon has zoom ring near camera body and focus ring near end. I think most of us use the lens in autofocus most of the time and use the zoom ring far, far more than the manual focus ring. Therefore having the zoom ring closer (as only Canon does) makes a lot of sense.

mb66energy

EOS 6D MK II
Dec 18, 2011
Germany
www.MichaelBockhorst.de
[...] Therefore having the zoom ring closer (as only Canon does) makes a lot of sense.
I am always confused to have the zoom ring close to the cam body because I want to stabilize my 70-200 4 and 400 5.6 close to the front of the lens. Shake of 1mm at a distance of 200mm makes only a quarter of the angular movement than 1mm at a distance of 50mm between both hands resulting in 4x better sharpness (maybe a factor 2 in reality due to other effects).