Just For Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought just for fun I'd post the top things I'm sick of hearing in the world of photography. Here are some that come to mind:

1. You can shoot better shots with a P&S than a 1Dx if you understand lighting
2. Gear doesn't matter, it's the photographer
3. Well, back in the film days...
4. RAW is a crutch
5. If you get it right in camera you don't need to do post-processing
6. Canon's falling way behind in sales because of the D800 and DR
7. L-glass is ALWAYS better than non-L

That's all I had right now.

Thought of another one:
8. If you have to ask questions about the <insert gear>, then you don't need it.

Fleetie

Watching for pigs on the wing
Nov 22, 2010
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
"Just my $0.02"

FFS I am sick of seeing that on here. It ADDS NOTHING and makes the offenders look like arses.

It's got to a point now that I just skip any post I see with that in. If people admit their opinions are worthless and are so damn keen to tell me it, then I won't bother reading it. GRRRRRR! This really does frost my Kelvinator.

---

Also: "+1000". I MEAN, WHY?

WHY?

---

Also : Quoting huge pages and pages of text in quote boxes (Jrista) and then putting 1 or 2 lines of text at the bottom of it all. Were those 2 lines of text worth my scrolling through all the mostly-irrelevant preceding rubbish? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Sporgon said:
rpt said:
Sporgon said:
Whose? ;)

;D

With your iq you'll know !

And yes it was the Radisson. Well spotted !
Thanks for confirming. Imagine my joy when I discovered it and my dismay when I realised I'd never be able to shoot that kind of scene once I got down at departures :(

Upvote 0
Jul 14, 2012
crasher8 said:
21. Being overly passionate and concerned about how first time buyers (or anyone) spend THEIR money.

Some folks react as if it's coming out of their own savings. You're new to dslrs and want to buy a 1DX? Great. Next!

Quite. This typically overlaps with 1-3. If the camera really doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter if a novice starts with an expensive, high-end camera. (Anyway, isn't it easier to learn how to use a dslr when, as is the case with higher-end cameras, changing basic settings requires less complicated fiddling with menus? I found my first dslr, a Nikon D3100, and point-and-shoot pocket cameras, far more intimidating than my subsequent Pentax K-5 and 5DII/5DIII/6D.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.