Just got a 14mm....

W

wintermute

uScEy.jpg

2011 14mm 1/50 800 2.8

Just got a Bower 14mm 2.8, messing around about 2 miles away from home!
I hope to get to Joshua Tree soon and take some more pics.

I'm brand new to this forum, I hope you all like my pictures! Thank you!

T

T2iShooter

Yes, the Bower/Rokinon/Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is an awesome lens, and at just over $400 it's quite a steal :) .

As for your photo, I like the composition, but (to me at least) the image seems kind of flat... The positions of the clouds really make a good landscape. Could you post the color one, just so I could compare the two?

As for me, here's a couple that I took with it (all comments are welcome!):

1090205917_NA2hZ-M.jpg

1090205489_d5GBn-M.jpg

Now granted, mine are rather underexposed (luckily it was due to bad post-processing), but I'm planning on fixing that in Lightroom after I get back from vacation. See what I mean with the clouds though?

Upvote 0
W

wintermute

T2iShooter said:
Yes, the Bower/Rokinon/Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is an awesome lens, and at just over $400 it's quite a steal :) .

As for your photo, I like the composition, but (to me at least) the image seems kind of flat... The positions of the clouds really make a good landscape. Could you post the color one, just so I could compare the two?

As for me, here's a couple that I took with it (all comments are welcome!):

I got it for 350... ;D
Thanks! I can see what you mean, it is a little flat. I was shooting into the sunset so the sky got a little washed out. I was going for a more cinematic feel (that's why I cropped it 16:9) so I was more worried about the composition, thanks!

Here's a color version:
btu5N.jpg

I like your first one! The clouds are very nice. I think it would be nice if you had moved over the guardrail :p

PXL_Pusher said:
I like the shot, what camera body was used in this?
Thank you too! I also recently got a 60D. I just started a tumblr with some of my photography from the past month - ianbyers.tumblr.com

Upvote 0