Lee 4x4 Big Stopper filter in stock

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I FREAKING FINALLY GOT ONE ... but not without a great deal of persistence on my part. I received an email about 15 hours ago saying the LEE Big Stopper is now in stock (see the screen shot of the email below), so I jumped at the opportunity and placed the order ... as luck would have it, the online B&H store would not allow me to place the order with all sorts of crazy messages (eg. "yours is a PO Box address we cannot ship it" then "this transaction not authorized" or "conct your credit card company" blah blah blah for the same credit card I've been using at B&H for the last 4 years for purchases worth over $24000) ... this went on for over 15 hours ... so I finally went on B&H LIVE chat as soon as they it was available ... and the B&H rep told me that he could not help on live chat due to their web and gave me B&H telephone number to call ... so I called and spoke to another salesman who went through the order and told me that three is only 1 left in stock ... I said GIVE IT TO ME NOW and he places the order ... me VERY VERY VERY HAPPY, especially since I've been waiting for it for YEARS.
I am SOOOOOOOO freaking excited for having successfully purchased this little piece ... I think it has more to do with years of bi-mothly email notices from B&H saying that "we regret to inform you that the item remains "out-of-stock".
Sorry to all those who tried to buy it after I bought the last one.

Attachments

• Email notification for LEE Big Stopper.jpg
    Email notification for LEE Big Stopper.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,185
  • B&H Order for LEE BIG Stopper.jpg
    B&H Order for LEE BIG Stopper.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,279
Upvote 0
ugh...i got the notification this morning at 8:17 am. was going on a job so i put it in my cart on my phone app and waited til lunch to pull the trigger. too late...gone, out of stock again.

actually, it showed up in my cart and was there all the way through until it confirmed my order. the price seemed strangely low (i was ordering a couple of other things) but it was still listed in my order. when i got the confirmation email, it was no longer listed in my order.

#$%^#^%$#

i have never come across anything so infuriating in photography as trying to order this stupid filter.

Upvote 0

dppaskewitz

CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
Not to rub it in, but B&H just confirmed that they shipped mine as well. I didn't trust that I would get an email when they came in stock (and I think I did not anyway). So, I have had a tab in Firefox set just on the B&H listing for the Big Stopper. A few times every day I have been hitting refresh, just to see if it would come through. Last night, I was checking something else at B&H, then decided to reset the tab for the Big Stopper. I couldn't believe it when the page showed "in stock." Don't know how many they had, but I was one of the lucky ones. I am really looking forward to trying this thing out.

Upvote 0

gferdinandsen

was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2013
Congrats on your purchase. I've been waiting for mine too. Finally got it about a week ago from Adorama. KEy is to get on their waiting list...they will charge you when it ships. I was on the list for about 6 months, getting emails about once a month stating it was still on back order. All of a sudden, got an email saying my Adorama puchased shipped. I crapped my pants. Then I had to cough up the change for the Foundation kit and ring. The thing is now...I'm almost afraid to use it...who wants to wait that long for a replacement if it breaks???

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
A small question to all those who have the Big Stopper and remember its shipped packaging:
I got shipping notice from B&H yesterday and it said the "package weight" is 1.32 lbs (600gms) ... I'm assuming the filter i.e. weighs around 100gms ... if that's the case does it really need 1lbs (half a kilo) of packaging?

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
Rienzphotoz said:
A small question to all those who have the Big Stopper and remember its shipped packaging:
I got shipping notice from B&H yesterday and it said the "package weight" is 1.32 lbs (600gms) ... I'm assuming the filter i.e. weighs around 100gms ... if that's the case does it really need 1lbs (half a kilo) of packaging?

The filter itself is fairly heavy (it feels that way to me at least in comparison to the other filters I have). It comes in a metallic case. The padding is pretty extensive in the B&H packaging ... remember, this is a glass filter.

Upvote 0