Lens Price Increases Taking Affect

Status
Not open for further replies.
IWLP,

Once the lens has the dealers mark up wacked on you'd be right. Probably doubles the £410 as a minimum. But a reputable reseller would be expected to offer a warranty period and I would hazard a guess that they buy insurance to cover it. Then again most shops have masses of used kit that just sits there, not selling - which is money not working.

But it is annoying. Especially as I have always been very careful with my kit, keeping all the boxes, instructions etc and barring accidents making sure I never put a mark on them.

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
motorhead said:
IWLP,

Once the lens has the dealers mark up wacked on you'd be right. Probably doubles the £410 as a minimum. But a reputable reseller would be expected to offer a warranty period and I would hazard a guess that they buy insurance to cover it. Then again most shops have masses of used kit that just sits there, not selling - which is money not working.

But it is annoying. Especially as I have always been very careful with my kit, keeping all the boxes, instructions etc and barring accidents making sure I never put a mark on them.

Yes, it is annoying. Many people use Craigslist. Dealers around here give the traditional 10 ft or 10 minute warranty. It is also void once you leave the store. I've yet to hear of a private party purchasing a warranty to provide with a used lens. They usually offer it for a little less than store prices, and the buyer can meet you and try it out.

List it on Craigslist, or on ebay if you want the best price. I'm not sure if there is a local blog like Fred Miranda to list cameras on, but ask around, A local Photography club might also be a good place to sell it.

Upvote 0
F

Flake

motorhead said:
IWLP,

Quick check on Ebay for the last month shows them fetching about £740 in good condition of course you have to pat Ebays monsterous charges but they max out at £40 then there's Paypals 4% as well. I don't think Craigslist is very active in the UK, some of the mags used to have some classifieds. £410 is very low though, I'd be loathe to let it go for that amount.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.