Lensbaby Inspires New Audiences With the Fun and Accessible Sol 45

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A tool to inspire. A tool to be bold. A tool to build memories.
Portland, OR (August 7th) – Lensbaby—makers of award-winning creative effects lenses, optics and accessories—announces the launch of their most playful and accessible lens yet, the Sol 45.
Preorder the Lensbaby Sol Lenses at Adorama
“Sol 45 opens up a new creative experience for those who want to dip their toes in the Lensbaby pool,” said Craig Strong Lensbaby Co-Founder and CCO. “Sol inspires visual artists to find new and fun ways to see their world by creating unique images in camera – no filters needed.”

The Sol 45 responds to those curious and insightful individuals who desire intention, imagination, and passion within each experience they live. This fixed aperture lens features an ease-of-use that injects the classic Lensbaby energy into images while creating a fun photography...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Web page here:
https://sol.lensbaby.com/

Fascinated by these 'bokeh blades'. It appears to be a permanently affixed bokeh stencil you can hinge in/out of the FOV or rotate around in the FOV as desired:

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.22.50 PM.png

I've actually been curious to dabble with this for fun by placing bokeh templates in front of a lens, but my chosen large aperture 50 prime (ahem) is externally focusing and tends to not play nicely with things draped over the front of the lens as a result. It's also a piecy, craft-y and somewhat imperfect lens hack that lends itself to painful realities and limitations. I'm still waiting for a manufacturer to make bokeh template shooting secure, dead-center located, fast, and customizable.

This Sol is not what I am looking for, but it implies that it might arrive before too long.

- A

Upvote 0