Lenses Lenses Lenses

P

pazuzu

Guest
I'm desperately trying to refrain from getting overly excited about a possible upgrade to the 24-105 4L IS to prevent massive disappointment should it be a simple website issue. I'd love to get my hands on a 24-105 2.8L IS. That would be supa-sweet. If they announce that this week (ideally today or tomorrow) it should give me just enough time to save up and purchase it for an upcoming photo shoot later this year.
 
P

pazuzu

Guest
Damn, the 24-105 4L IS is back on the web site so it must've been dropped by mistake. Serious bummer today...
 
F

Fuki

Guest
I hope 17-40 replacement will come soon.

I'm upgrading from 300D to 7D in about 2 weeks and I need good wide angle lens for 7D.

I don't have the money for 16-35L f/2.8 II and I'm not willing to spend my money on 17-40, the lens that will be upgraded soon since it's more than 20 years since Canon first launched this lens.

Do you have any idea about the timing for the 17-40 replacement??
 
S

Sebastian

Guest
Fuki said:
I'm upgrading from 300D to 7D in about 2 weeks and I need good wide angle lens for 7D.
So maybe you should start looking for the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM or something similar. 27-64mm 35mm-equivalent (that's what a 17-40 will give you on an APS-C body) is not what I would call a "wide angle lens".

Fuki said:
I don't have the money for 16-35L f/2.8 II and I'm not willing to spend my money on 17-40, the lens that will be upgraded soon since it's more than 20 years since Canon first launched this lens.
Wrong. The 17-40 was launched in May 2003, which makes it a mere 7 years old.


HTH,

Sebastian
 
F

Fuki

Guest
Sebastian said:
Fuki said:
I'm upgrading from 300D to 7D in about 2 weeks and I need good wide angle lens for 7D.
So maybe you should start looking for the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM or something similar. 27-64mm 35mm-equivalent (that's what a 17-40 will give you on an APS-C body) is not what I would call a "wide angle lens".
I'm sorry for not articulating what I wanted more accurately. By saying "wide angle lens" I meant standard zoom lens on an APS-C body. :)

Sebastian said:
Fuki said:
I don't have the money for 16-35L f/2.8 II and I'm not willing to spend my money on 17-40, the lens that will be upgraded soon since it's more than 20 years since Canon first launched this lens.
Wrong. The 17-40 was launched in May 2003, which makes it a mere 7 years old.
Then the information provided here is wrong.
Nevertheless I'm hoping for an update. :)
 
S

Sebastian

Guest
Fuki said:
Sebastian said:
Fuki said:
I don't have the money for 16-35L f/2.8 II and I'm not willing to spend my money on 17-40, the lens that will be upgraded soon since it's more than 20 years since Canon first launched this lens.
Wrong. The 17-40 was launched in May 2003, which makes it a mere 7 years old.
Then the information provided here is wrong.
Seems to be - I guess Canon should really know when they launched this lens. ;)
@CR-guy: mind fixing that little error? :)


Regards,

Sebastian