Lexar 64gb 1066x card on sale

expatinasia said:
Those look like affiliate links you have posted.

Anyway, I checked the B&H Photo site and you are right the 64GB 1066X is US$91 which is a good deal.

I have two or three of them already (and am very pleased with them) so no need for more, but thanks for the heads up and sure some will find it very useful.
Not as low as the deals last May. :(

Upvote 0
dolina said:
expatinasia said:
Those look like affiliate links you have posted.

Anyway, I checked the B&H Photo site and you are right the 64GB 1066X is US$91 which is a good deal.

I have two or three of them already (and am very pleased with them) so no need for more, but thanks for the heads up and sure some will find it very useful.
Not as low as the deals last May. :(

What were the prices in May? I can't remember.

Upvote 0
dolina said:
Methodical said:
dolina said:
$90.95 ;D

Haha, good one.
Considering the price was last May it should be $80+ now.

I hope that by this time next year the 128GB 1066x card will be about $110+.

Now that would be sweet. Last May, I just purchased the 16gb cards, but when I got the 7D2 and shot a football game, I knew I needed something larger, so got the 32gb and then this popped up. What timing.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Methodical said:
Nethawk said:
The robbery comes in when people think they need cards this fast - and expensive!

Why do you say that?

Maybe he don't know people shoot sports too?

If I use any other of my cards, I keep hitting the buffer limit if I'm not careful with my bursts. With these cards, I can shoot virtually as fast as I want and I never hit the limit.

Upvote 0
Methodical said:
Nethawk said:
The robbery comes in when people think they need cards this fast - and expensive!

Why do you say that?

Everything is relative. I may not hit the buffer / transfer limit often, but I have hit it and fast cards do make a difference. I have missed some shots waiting on buffer card write when I have been trying to get a ton of action in a small clip

Where I really notice it a lot is data transfer, i.e. when I am reading all my info off the cards, either for editing or backing up. My first big card was a Lexar 400X 64GB card. It is decent. Nice size to shoot an event all day and never have to switch, but a beast and slow when it came to reading the card. Pretty much I mainly shoot 1000X these days, never an issue and noticeably faster.

While a lot of times you can multi-task and this should not be an issue... I have had more than my fair share of shooting some events where I am ready to go, have gotten paid and waiting on this card to finish downloading so I can get it back to take off.

Upvote 0